The Division Update 1.5 Includes New World Tier, Weapon Balancing and More
Ubisoft has detailed The Division‘s update 1.5, which will be available for free on all platforms. While it won’t be as hefty as the last update, it’ll bring a new World Tier alongside weapon, gear and skill balancing. Here’s a summary provided by Ubisoft:
World Tier 5
- World Tier 5 will be added in Update 1.5. It will feature level 34 enemies and raise the maximum Gear Score to 256.
- A new World Tier allows us to level the playing field so that all our players are on equal footing, get rid of unbalanced legacy gear and offer upgrades to the players that were already at maximum Gear Score when Update 1.4 was released.
- We’re adding six special Named gear pieces to World Tier 5, which will all have special talents.
- These Named gear pieces will drop from Survival, Field Proficiency caches and specific places in the game.
- The FrontLine Gear Set has been added to the game.
- In Update 1.5, we’re introducing 12 new weapon types and four new Named weapons.
- The B.L.I.N.D rifle has been added to the game. It’s now called the Urban MDR Assault Rifle.
Armor and Shotguns
- The armor stat is currently seen as the best in slot stat for rolling on gear and we’re investigating how to change it in the future to make room for more decision making when creating your builds.
- The change of Enemy Armor Damage from a minor to a major attribute that we tested on the PTS has been reverted. Enemy Armor Damage will still have an effect in PvP.
- The strength of the aim assist on shotguns has been lowered, together with changes to their accuracy and headshot base damage bonus.
- Activities on higher World Tiers have had their credits and Phoenix Credits rewards increased.
- Vendors will now sell items based on your Gear Score, not World Tier. Caches have become slightly more expensive in the higher Tiers.
- Enemies will now have a chance to drop crafting material when killed.
Stagger and Stash Size Changes
- Stagger will now have an effect in PvP.
- The stash size has been increased from 70 to 150 items.
- Update 1.5 will also feature other balance tweaks and bug fixes.
Update 1.5 goes live for PC and Xbox One players on November 22. PlayStation 4 owners are asked to expect a “slight delay.”
For further details, follow the source link.
[Source: The Division]