The Division’s Survival Expansion Releases on December 20 for PS4
Available on November 22 for Xbox One and PC, The Division’s second expansion, Survival, is releasing on December 20 for PlayStation 4, Ubisoft announced today.
“During the devastating pandemic that followed Black Friday, rumors of a cure begin to circulate as a snowstorm approaches New York,” the launch trailer’s description says. “Sent to recover the potential antidote from the Dark Zone, your chopper is brought down by the intensifying weather before reaching its destination. Vulnerable, stripped of all gear, wounded, and freezing to death, you must search for the cure in these unforgiving conditions and find a way to extract it from the chaos. Our survival depends on it.”
On the official website, Ubisoft adds that Survival Mode in Survival is a “game mode offering a more hardcore experience with survival mechanics and permanent death.” Taking place in a modified version of Manhattan and reusing the whole open world, Survival Mode hosts 24 players and is session based, with one game lasting up to two hours.
Update 1.5 for The Division is going live on PS4 “slightly later” than November 22, adding World Tier 5, named new weapons, and a new gear score cap. Here’s the highlights of the game changes it will bring:
- Enemy Armor Damage now functions in PVP: damage calculation in PvP ignores a percentage of the target’s armor equal to one third of the shooter’s Enemy Armor Damage.
- Stagger now functions in PvP: high-stagger weapons (Shotguns and Marksman rifles primarily) will now cause the target’s aim to flinch.
- Tactical Advance: This talent will now provide a maximum of 30% damage increase.
- Stash size has been increased from 70 to 150 total items.
Added World Tier 5 Bracket (224+ GS)
- Enemy NPCs are level 34.
- Maximum Gear Score raised to 256.
- Heroic Incursions are now available in Tier 5 only.
Named Gear items have been implemented in the game. One piece is available for each Gear Slot and each one comes with a unique Talent. Named Gear items can only be acquired in World Tier 5 or in Survival game mode:
- [Mask] Ferro’s oxygen mask: Players can move and shoot while under burn status effect.
- [Knee Pads] Shortbow championship pads: Grenades have shortened fuse timer.
- [Holster] Colonel Bliss’ holster: Powerful improvements for sidearms.
- [Gloves] Skulls MC gloves: Increased damage when no gear set bonuses are active.
- [Chestpiece] Barrett’s bulletproof: Powerful bonuses when skills are on cooldown.
- [Backpack] NinjaBike messenger bag: Less DZ loot and DZ XP lost when dying in the Dark Zone.
Loot, Rewards & Vendors
- NPCs now have chances to drop crafting materials. Chances to drop higher quality increases with World Tiers.
- Season Pass Open World Supply Drops will now scale with World Tier. Opening a supply drop in World Tier 1 will reward with Gear Score 163, 182 in World Tier 2, etc.
- Items in the Scavenger crate in the Base of Operations will now scale with World Tier.
- Vendors will now scale to player’s Gear Score, independently from the World Tier they’re in. This means that the Gear Score and currency value of goods they sell will adapt to the player’s Gear Score.
- We have adjusted the Credits and Phoenix Credits rewards for Main Missions, High Value Targets and Incursions to better scale with World Tier. This results in an overall increase starting from World Tier 4 and above.
- Modified rewards from completing weekly assignments: Moved 30 Phoenix Credits from the weekly assignment reward to put them inside the weekly assignment cache (the total amount is still the same); Added one extra High-End Mod inside the weekly assignment cache
Survival will be a free download to Season Pass owners, while everyone else will be able to buy it for $14.99 USD.
[Source: The Division]