Final Fantasy XV Update 1.02 Is 8GB, Crown Update Given Further Details
Following the 7GB update 1.01 earlier this month, early owners of Final Fantasy XV are reporting that update 1.02 is an 8GB download on PlayStation 4. Depending on your region though, the update may be as high as 9.3GB.
According to the PS4’s Update History, the patch notes for Final Fantasy XV update 1.02 say it included various bug fixes, deeper game mechanics, new cutscenes, and cutscene adjustments.
On their Japanese website (translated by Nova Crystallis), Square Enix posted more information about what’s included in the day one Crown Update for Final Fantasy XV:
Added actions inspired by the “Omen” trailer produced by Digic Pictures to the game:
- “Shift (Warp) Drop Kick” (When daggers are equipped).
- “Backward Shift (Warp) Magic” (Elemental Magic Activation within a short distance).
Below are examples of Wait Mode-exclusive abilities added to Ability Call to improve the Wait Mode experience:
- Libra Speed Increase – By using Libra you can obtain information more quickly.
- Wait Gauge Recovery – The Wait Gauge will recover upon defeating an enemy.
- Surprise Attack Shift Break – When Shift Breaking to an enemy that isn’t targeting you it’s easy to destroy the targeted part.
- Final Blow Shift Break – When Shift Breaking to an enemy with less than half HP, the damage multiplier will increase.
Additional battle screen effects added to make it easier for players to understand their HP status:
- When HP is less than 25%, the whole screen will be covered by a light red filter.
- When in a pinch, the whole screen will be covered by a dark red filter.
- The Enemy Whistle will be available to use after downloading the patch. You can call monsters but they won’t always appear.
- Movement taken at the time of a MP Burst is cancelled. Trying to shift in MP Burst will cause movements to fail.
- You can now shift forward in the field outside of battle.
- Music Player item has been added so that you can listen to your favorite songs while walking.
- A gallery has been added to the main menu where you can see the dishes acquired by Ignis and the fish caught by Noctis.
- Opening the menu during auto-drive will not halt driving.
- Regalia Shop added that lets you shop while riding in the Regalia.
- Event scenes from Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV and the “Omen” trailer were added as they exceeded the disc space capacity.
- Various bug fixes.
- Adjustments to gameplay comfort: Camera adjusted in narrow areas; Menu use improved; Addition of other functions to enhance convenience.
- Adjustments to improve the main scenario experience: Changes to towns were made to fit the scenario; Changes to the open world were made to fit the scenario.
- Side-quests have been balanced, dish types added, added fish types and fishing locations.
- Leviathan boss encounter and battle experience further improved.
If you’re looking to get the digital version of Final Fantasy XV, the download size was just over 50GB before the release of update 1.02.
Final Fantasy XV launches tomorrow for PS4 and Xbox One.