Rollercoaster Dreams for PS4 & PSVR Delayed to December 22 to Add Anti Motion Sickness
Originally expected on October 13, Rollercoaster Dreams is now releasing worldwide on December 22 for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation VR, developer Bimboosoft has announced. It will cost $19.99 USD, there will be a demo, and you can play it without owning PSVR.
According to Bimboosoft, the main reason Rollercoaster Dreams was delayed “is VR optimization including anti motion sickness.” Additionally, it will include PS4 Pro support, offering 4K support (in TV mode/when PSVR is turned off), increased shadow resolution (in TV mode), and objects will be displayed further with detailed models.
Here’s what to expect from Rollercoaster Dreams if you play using PlayStation VR:
About PlayStation VR
You can play VR mode only in Free Walking mode which includes rollercoasters, attractions, and mini games. Free Walking is a mode to walk around amusement parks freely, and it is available in Park Management and Online Park. With the default setting, some facilities are restricted to use in VR mode, although you can use them if you change the option.
The following facilities are prohibited to use in VR mode:
- Information Map
- Bumper Car
- Kart in the top camera mode (You can play Kart in the driver camera mode)
About VR Motion Sickness
- Motion sickness is different with each person.
- There is a possibility that you get used to VR and feel less motion sickness after some experiences.
- When you are walking, you can turn in 45 degree unit or non step.
- You can also change the walk speed in the option.
- It is recommended to use the headphones or earphones since Rollercoaster Dreams
supports 3D virtual surround sound.
- Connect the headphone to the mini jack of PS VR, not the TV.
- Asteroid Rally and Asteroid Crisis (mini game) use a BGM with deep bass.
- So it is recommended to use bass boost headphones.
If you’re wondering about multiplayer support, Bimboosoft’s Hirofumi Hattori said, “Although the game doesn’t have the online multiplayer mode, the game has an asynchronous online mode.”