Dreamfall Chapters Launches on March 24, 2017 for PS4 & Xbox One
Deep Silver and developer Red Thread Games announced today that 3D adventure game Dreamfall Chapters is coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on March 24, 2017 for $29.99 USD/€29.99/£24.99 through retail and digital stores. It will include all five episodes, spanning a total of 13 chapters.
Already available on PC, Dreamfall Chapters on PS4 and Xbox One will include reworked character models, improved animations, lighting, special effects, and sound effects, and an expanded in-game soundtrack.
The follow-up to The Longest Journey and Dreamfall: The Longest Journey, Dreamfall Chapters is set in parallel worlds – one a dark cyberpunk vision of our future, the other a magical fantasy realm – and follows two heroes who have to save the fabric of reality from falling apart.
Here’s the list of key features:
- Gripping Story: Experience a deep and emotional storyline with over 100 fully voiced characters in EN and DE and continue the epic saga of The Longest Journey
- Far-Reaching Decisions: Shape the story and the course of your journey through your choices and actions, and live with the surprising and sometimes devastating consequences
- Exciting Exploration: Delve into over 50 beautifully crafted locations, exploring each of them using the direct control interface.
- Diverse Worlds: Explore beautiful, rich, detailed and original worlds that combine a stunning cyberpunk vision of our future with magical fantasy, along with a broken and decaying dreamscape
- Three Playable Characters: Play as three different characters, all on journeys across worlds, through life, and into their own hearts and souls.
- Challenging Puzzles and Riddles: Solve the completely plot-driven puzzles and riddles which are an integral part of the game’s narrative.
- Enhanced on Consoles: Enjoy the definitive experience of Dreamfall Chapters on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One with reworked character models, improved animations, lightning, and special effects plus an expanded in-game soundtrack as well as improved sound-effects.
The Steam description adds, “With a brand new storyline and a fresh cast of characters, Dreamfall Chapters introduces new players to The Longest Journey saga, while returning players will get the conclusion they have been waiting for since the end of Dreamfall: The Longest Journey.”
[Screenshot is from the PC version]