PSX 2016 – Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy Gameplay Shown Off
PS Blog has now offered up some details on the game’s new features and what to expect. Without further ado, here they are:
- Unified checkpointing & save game system. This includes manual and auto-saving. (Yes, the first game now has a proper save game system!)
- Unified menu system. Here an example of the Pause menu for Crash Bandicoot
- Time Trials in all three games!
- Rebuilt levels, based on the original geometry
- Rebuilt characters, following the original designs
- Rebuilt cinematics, inspired by the originals
At its PlayStation Experience press conference, Sony has shown off and titled the Crash Bandicoot collection for the PS4, and it’s called Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy.
As one can expect, it’s a remake of the three Crash Bandicoot games that were released on the original PlayStation years and years ago. The official video description states:
Your favorite marsupial, Crash Bandicoot®, is back! He’s enhanced, entranced & ready-to-dance with the N. Sane Trilogy game collection. Now you can experience Crash Bandicoot like never-before in Fur-K. Spin, jump, wump and repeat as you take on the epic challenges and adventures through the three games that started it all, Crash Bandicoot®, Crash Bandicoot® 2: Cortex Strikes Back and Crash Bandicoot®: Warped. Relive all your favorite Crash moments in their fully-remastered HD graphical glory and get ready to put some UMPH in your WUMP!
If you’ve played those games before, prepare for a nostalgia trip! For those who haven’t, let’s hope the gameplay holds up. If it does, then platform fans will be in for a treat.