PSX 2016 – Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Announced for PS4, Coming Late 2017
Update 2: The official trailer for Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 on PS4 has revealed that the game runs at 1080p/60fps and includes all DLC content. Additionally, it’s a timed PS4 exclusive, with the Xbox One and PC versions coming in March 2017:
Update: Over on the PlayStation Blog, Capcom’s Neidel Crisan revealed that Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite is coming to PlayStation 4 in North America and Europe in late 2017.
Crisan then listed all of the features, which include single-player Arcade, Training and Mission modes, a cinematic Story Mode featuring a new villain, and more:
- Reborn Rivalries: Universes collide once again in this all-new crossover clash for the ages, where players select their favorite Marvel and Capcom characters and engage in accessible and action-packed 2v2 partner battles.
- Infinite Power: Pulled from classic Marvel lore, unique and game-changing Infinity Stones can be implemented into players’ strategies as a way to influence the outcome of battle. Each Infinity Stone provides a unique advantage to the player and represents a different aspect of the universe: power, space, time, reality, soul, and mind.
- Iconic Heroes: Choose from a diverse roster of fan favorite characters pulled from Marvel and Capcom universes, including Iron Man and Captain America from the Marvel side, and Ryu and Mega Man X from Capcom. Many more playable characters will be revealed in the future.
- Cinematic Story: Heroes and villains battle for supremacy in a timeless struggle set in the Marvel and Capcom universes. The original storyline answers the questions regarding the new clash and lets players step into the shoes of classic characters from both sides as they wage war against powerful forces in an attempt to defeat a new villain.
- Accessible Single Player Content: In addition to the cinematic story experience, players can hone their skills in a variety of accessible single player modes, including Training, Mission and Arcade modes.
- Vast Multiplayer Features: Robust online modes and content including ranked and casual matches, global leaderboards, and online lobbies with spectator mode deepen the overall experience.
- Graphics: Unreal Engine 4 technology pushes the cinematic visuals and next-gen realism into a new era.
Original Story: Sony followed up the Uncharted: The Lost Legacy debut with a trailer for Marvel vs Capcom Infinite, which is coming to PlayStation 4 in 2017. While there was just an announcement trailer at the event, the official gameplay will debut tonight at Capcom Cup.
Additionally, you’ll be able to buy Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 through the PlayStation Store starting later today, exclusively for PS4.
[Source: PlayStation Blog]