Biggest Battleborn Update Arrives This Winter, Adds PS4 Pro Support & Unlocks All 25 Core Heroes
When the Battleborn Winter Update releases at an unspecified time this winter, it will bring big changes to both new and returning players. Some of the highlights include the immediate unlock of all 25 core characters after completing the Prologue, numerous user interface improvements, Daily Quests, Draft Mode, PlayStation 4 Pro support that lets you choose between 1080p/60fps or 4K/30fps, and more.
Described as the biggest Battleborn update yet, here’s everything you’ll find in the Winter Update:
New Player Experience
All 25 Core Characters Unlocked
- 25 badass playable characters, no waiting! You’re eager to find your favorite, so get to it! With this update, the core 25 characters will be unlocked for all players after completing the Prologue.
- What about the character unlock challenges? These challenges now award a brand new skin upon completion! We’ve also adjusted several challenges to be more attainable.
Main Quests – Story Mode
- Story Mode missions will have more guides and tools to lead your through various areas of the game. The Credit rewards have also been boosted to help you get an early edge on loot packs
Two New Training Modes
- Incursion Tutorial – Build up your PVP skills and learn the key elements of competitive play in Battleborn. Your first play-through is solo, but this practice mode can be repeated with groups of up to three players.
- Dojo – Take each and every Battleborn hero for a test drive! Learn how to slice, dice, blast, smash, and rocket your way through waves of minions. You’ll even be able to practice with each Battleborn hero offline.
Returning Player Enhancements
User Interface Changes
- Battleborn’s user interface gets a major facelift. Cleaner, more vibrant, and much easier to find the information you need most. You’ll see UI changes throughout Battleborn, from the starting screen, to the Command center, character select, and even some menu changes.
- This is one of the most exciting new additions! In Draft Mode, teams and players take turns picking and banning characters trying to find the perfect match-ups and counters for what the other team is choosing.
Introducing Daily Quests
- The action doesn’t end when you take down Rendain. Check back daily for new objectives and rewards across both Story Mode and Competitive Multiplayer Mode.
Command Rank and Character Rank Increase
- Keep on growing your Command and Character ranks! We pushed the cap to 150 for Command Rank, and rank 20 for each character, with all-new rewards!
Updated In-Game Economy
- We’ve overhauled the Credits system and how loot packs are made available, particularly in Competitive Multiplayer matches. Credits will now accumulate faster in public PVP matches, making it easier to grab more loot packs from the Marketplace. But not for leavers – they are out of luck and will not receive any rewards. You see, nobody likes a quitter.
- Loot Packs – All loot pack variations will still drop in Story Mode missions, but only one type of loot pack will be available in the Marketplace: The Core Pack. The Core Pack has better odds for higher rarity gear and has a chance to drop any skin or taunt previously available in Faction packs.
- Boosts – A bigger variety of Boosts will become available for Platinum in the marketplace.
PS4 Pro Support
- Battleborn will also support PS4 Pro! PS4 players will be able to choose between 1080p at 60fps or 4K at 30fps.
If you want to see the Winter Update in action, Gearbox will be hosting a Twitch livestream on Thursday, December 8 at 2pm PT/5pm ET.
Battleborn is currently on sale in North America as part of the Holiday Sale Week 1.
Will you be revisiting Battleborn once the Winter Update goes live?