PSLS Help Desk – How to Block and Unblock Users on PSN
We’ve all run into a PSN user at one time or another who needs to be blocked. Maybe you want the outright ban hammer, but unless you work for PlayStation directly, that most likely will not happen. So how can you get peace from those annoying players? It’s quite simple, even though it may not be readily apparent from the PlayStation 4 dashboard.
First thing to remember is that by blocking a user, this means that you only prevent them from sending you any messages via PSN. They won’t know that they’ve been blocked, so they can still send messages. However, you won’t receive any of them. As for preventing these blocked players from joining you in a game, that will have to be done individually with each game’s matchmaking preferences.
The only thing you need to block a user is either a Master account or a sub account on the PSN. As this covers all account types, you should be good to go.
Blocking a User
- Select your user account from the sign-in screen if you aren’t signed in to that account already.
- Go to the [Friends] menu on the dashboard.
- Search for the Online ID of the PSN user you wish to block and press the X button. You can also block a user who is already in your Friend List. Simply find them in the list, select them, and press X.
- Select [Options] and then [Block] from the following menu. This player is now on your Players Blocked List. You will no longer receive any messages from them.
If everything becomes kosher between you and a blocked user, you can always unblock them at any time.
Unblocking a User
- Sign in to your user account.
- Go the [Friends] menu on the dashboard, and then select [Players Blocked].
- Find the player you want to unblock, select them, and press the X button.
- If you removed them from your Friend List, you will have to send them a new Friend Request.
Easy peasy, right?