No Man’s Sky Gets Update 1.13 on PS4, Approximately 1.5GB in Size
Update: Hello Games has posted the full list of patch notes for No Man’s Sky update 1.13. You can see all of the changes on PS4 below:
- Fixed a bug that would make the player character small.
- Space battles will now vary in size more and players should see bigger battles.
- Fixed the instantaneous death loop that could occur in survival mode if you saved with 1 health and no hazard protection. You will still be on the verge of death when you load in, but it won’t happen instantaneously.
- Removed duplicated planets from discoveries menu.
- Fixed an issue with redeeming promo ships in survival, which would result in the ship being spawned above the ground.
- Fix for missing ruins underwater which could cause missions to point to nothing.
- Fixed some rare crashes.
Audio Fixes & Tweaks
- Added ladder climbing sounds.
- Fixed base building prop sounds not playing when placed inside a Freighter.
- Added sound effect for calling Freighters.
- Added sound effect when using communication stations.
- Fixed an issue which could affect ambient sound in Freighters.
- Changed the sound effect when using the Terminus Teleporter.
Original Story: Following an update this past Wednesday, Hello Games has quietly released yet another patch (1.13) for No Man’s Sky on PlayStation 4, the exact size of which is somewhat of a mystery. The screenshots provided by some users online puts it at 1.482GB but other users are reporting between 1.5-3GB. Since we don’t have an official word on the patch yet and what it brings, we can’t be sure of what it’s all about but according to the standard notes on PS4, it fixes bugs.
One Reddit user has posted his observations post-patch, however. While nothing is official, this may give you an idea of what update 1.13 is about.
Changes Found so Far:
- You can now place the hanging light ring decoration on ceilings and floors. (I could never get this decoration to work anywhere)
- So far I haven’t been able to get the bug that causes items like your jetpack or shielding to be sent to your spaceship inventory, requiring a restart to fix. However, this was always inconsistent.
- You can no longer hear the madness inducing sounds of plants growing over intergalactic distances. (Except Rhubarb, you can still hear Rhubarb)
Things not changed:
- Grass still grows in cuboid buildings, and over pavement.
- Base limits have not increased.
- No new missions / recipes from specialists in base.
- None of the value or material costs of the foundation patch “curiosity” components have changed. IE, Lubricant still sells for 39k and takes 40 Mordite to create.
- You still get equal material costs for destroying things like signal scanners, save points, etc as you do deleting them,
- You can still build a free Landing pad in your base if you have a small amount of Candensium and Antrium in your inventory. Deleting it gives you free items.
- Cuboid rooms in freighter bases still become awkwardly “unaligned” over time, making walls randomly appear, or passages no longer connect.
- Still no easy way to transfer inventory back from freighter to starship. You must talk to the captain and listen to him sing Lambchop’s Song that Never Ends while managing your inventory.
We’ll update our readers when we have more info.