Rocket League Update 1.26 Temporarily Removes Rocket Lab Arenas From Casual Rotation
Set to launch at 5pm PT/8pm ET today, Rocket League update 1.26 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC temporarily removes Rocket Lab Arenas from the Casual Arena rotation, as they were appearing too frequently. Additionally, the frequency of Wasteland and Neo Tokyo should return to the levels they were at prior to the Starbase Arc patch last week.
Here’s the full list of patch notes for today’s Rocket League update:
Casual Playlists and Rocket Lab Arenas
- We have removed Rocket Lab Arenas from the Casual Arena rotation (for now). Rocket Labs Arenas were appearing too frequently and the current ‘Arena Preferences’ system does not give players who dislike Rocket Labs maps enough sway to avoid them.
- *NOTE: New Rocket Labs Arena designs may appear next year in Casual playlists in a way that they can be more effectively influenced by Arena Preferences
- We are also discussing alternative ways to get your feedback on new Arenas in shorter doses.
Stats, Settings, and Preset Data
- Fixed an issue with the game client picking the wrong local profile from your save data. For some accounts that played splitscreen, this caused a “loss” of recorded stats, in-game settings, and car presets when the patch was released.
- PC players should see their stats, settings, and presets restored with this hotfix. Unfortunately this was not possible for PlayStation 4 or Xbox One.
- We are investigating solutions for next year that would prevent this from happening again by storing more of your information in our database so it cannot be lost due to this kind of bug, save-data corruption, or hardware malfunction of your PC/Console.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Wasteland and Neo Tokyo to appear more frequently than they did before the Starbase ARC Patch.
- [Hotfixed] Fixed collision issue that caused vehicles to sometimes bounce when
landing / caused the Batmobile to sometimes land “inside” the field.
- The previous fix for the Batmobile “wobble-on-landing” had to be removed so that we can
better address it in a future update.
- [Hotfixed] (PC) Fixed rendering issue that created a flickering problem for some Arenas.
- Fixed VSync for Mac.
- Fixed the Vulcan DLC Showroom thumbnail so that it would no longer shows an image of Triton.
- The “Current Tier” text shown after Competitive matches will no longer be colored Green or Red when changing Divisions if the “Hide Competitive Divisions” option is enabled.
By playing Rocket League before January 2, 2017, you’ll be eligible to get Holiday items as random post-match drops in all online playlists. The items include an Elf Hat Topper, a Nutcracker Antenna, a 2017 New Year’s Glasses Topper, and all of the 2015 Holiday items.