Stardew Valley Update for PS4 in the Works, Will Fix Crashing Issues & Improve Controls
After Stardew Valley launched earlier this week on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, players quickly discovered issues with both versions of the game. In a post on the game’s official website, Eric Barone wrote that the development team is aware of the problems, and many of them will be fixed in an upcoming patch.
One of the biggest issues PS4 players have experienced in Stardew Valley is the game crashing when going to sleep on the 3rd day. According to Barone, this happens if the system language is not in English, so a temporary workaround you can try before the patch arrives is to change the system language to English.
Here’s everything that will be included in the upcoming Stardew Valley PS4 update, which is currently in development but doesn’t have a release date yet:
- Fixed crash sleeping on 3rd or 4th day when playing with OS in non-English languages (German, Portuguese).
- Fixed About button (?) to be unclickable during main menu transitions.
- Fixed crash when sleeping if you built a Junimo Hut and the Witch visits you.
- Fixed a crash when sleeping that would prevent a player from advancing past year 1, day 28.
- Moved in some HUD elements that were too close to the edge of the screen.
- The L2 and R2 buttons can now be used to switch buildings in carpenter menu.
- The shipping menu can now be closed by pressing the TOUCH PAD button.
- The CIRCLE button can now be used to close Grandpa’s letter.
- CIRCLE button now goes back one page when you’re in a specific bundle of the Junimo menu.
- CIRCLE button now returns a held item to your inventory in Bundle menu in the Community Center.
- Made harvesting easier by also checking beneath the player when pressing the CROSS button.
- Cursor position will no longer affect item placement if it is currently invisible.
- We now show the ground placement indicator for seeds, like other objects.
- Fixed incorrect tool hit location in some situations.
- SQUARE button can now be held down to auto-repeat while in menus.
- Cursor will no longer interact with HUD menus if it is currently invisible.
- Fixed toolbar becoming stuck partially transparent.
- The TOUCH PAD button can now be used to advance the “Level Up” dialog.
- Fixed some cases of the game becoming stuck after using “Exit to Title”.
The Xbox One version of the patch will have performance improvements and numerous fixes.
More Stardew Valley updates will be available in the next few weeks.
It hasn’t been announced yet, but Barone has expressed interest in bringing Stardew Valley to PlayStation Vita. Although it isn’t confirmation of a Vita version, Exophase says the Trophy listing for Stardew Valley applies to both PS4 and PS Vita.