The Division Update Next Week Will Add PS4 Pro Support, Fix CE-34878-0 Error
During the most recent State of the Game, Ubisoft revealed that The Division will receive an update next week on PlayStation 4 that adds PS4 Pro support. The patch will arrive on December 20 – the same day as the Survival expansion – but it’s unclear what kind of extra features are being added on PS4 Pro.
You can also expect next week’s update to fix the CE-34878-0 Error on PS4. Preceding the update will be a maintenance period (timing TBA).
Elsewhere on the stream, Ubisoft said another wave of cheating bans took place yesterday, but it mistakenly included some player profiles that were found to be innocent. “We have now reverted these bans and removed any mistakenly logged history of cheating from the accounts,” they added. “We apologize for the inconvenience.”
Creative Director Terry Spier and Lead Game Designer Keith Evans from Red Storm Entertainment took part in the stream and, as compiled by Reddit user JokerUnique, they discussed the upcoming Update 1.6 (date TBD). The goals with 1.6 are to focus on Dark Zone and PvP, bring back the fun that 1.4 and 1.5 brought to PvE and PvP, make PvP more competitive and intense but also rewarding (even when you lose), and it should close the gap between mediocre players and elite players.
And here’s what you can expect from Dark Zone leaderboards:
- They should encourage positive behavior and have not the goal to reward things like cutting ropes etc
- There will be Weekly/Monthly activities that will be tracked
- They have the goal to give your DZ experience a different flavor/focus each time
- Some activities could get an extra bonus on some days
- All tracked activities will give you points and when you have a defined amount of points, you get a reward. But you can also continue farming and reach the next reward tier for better rewards.
- You can track your progression on the monitors in the DZ checkpoints
- There are different reward tiers that you can reach
- You can claim your rewards on a weekly/monthly basis and those will be sent to the rewards claim vendor in your Base of Operations
- Leaderboards will reset from time to time, so there will not be a “best of all time” list and it will not track the progression that happened before the update
- DZ Checkpoints will get a new monitor where you can check what is being tracked at that time, so you know what you have to focus on while you are in the DZ. For example: Extracted items, Named NPC kills, Killing Rogues, Support Drops, and Looting DZ Chests while in Manhunt
The third expansion for The Division, Last Stand, is expected in 2017. Unlike the previous two expansions, it will launch simultaneously on PS4, Xbox One, and PC.