Dishonored 2 Update Today Adds New Game Plus, Quick-Access Wheel
Update: The update is now live, weighing in at just over 1GB on PS4, 413MB on PC, and 1.54GB on Xbox One.
Original Story: Bethesda has announced that the Dishonored 2 update adding New Game Plus is now live on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. However, no players are saying they’ve received the update yet, so it could be a couple of hours before it’s fully available to everyone.
Provided you’ve beaten Dishonored 2, you’ll be able to try New Game Plus after installing today’s update. With NG+, you start the story with either character, “but this time you’ll have access to the full suite of abilities from both of the game’s heroes,” allowing you to create custom combos of multiple powers. “You’ll also start your new playthrough with all the Runes and Bonecharm Traits you’ve collected from your previous game, but you’ll be able to re-assign those Runes so you can choose the powers you want,” Bethesda adds.
Here’s the full list of patch notes for the latest Dishonored 2 update:
- New Game Plus mode!
- New Quick-Access Wheel option for hiding/unhiding items
- Fixed Oraculum false-kill count in Royal Conservatory
- AI detection tweaks to clarify when players are detected or not
- AI locomotion improvement for running
- Fixed various Bonecharm effects (Strong Arm, Spiritual Pool, etc)
- Fixed a problem in slow-motion where some inputs were ignored
- Blood Thirst: various enhancement and fixes
- Killing an NPC with their own bullet is now more reliable
- Tweak for mana potion refill speed, depending on difficulty
- General performance and optimization improvements
- Fixed various game logic issues
- Fixed various User Interface issues
Creative Director Harvey Smith said, “Dishonored players have asked for it, so now New Game Plus is here for Dishonored 2. If you’ve ever wanted to make higher-powered characters, now’s your chance. If you’ve wanted to play Emily Kaldwin with Possession or Devouring Swarm, or Corvo Attano with Domino, now you can. We’ve been having fun with it here at Arkane Studios, and we hope you will too.”
In January, Bethesda and Arkane Studios will release Game Update 2, adding Mission Select and more Custom Difficulty Settings.