Crime Thriller Knee Deep Hits PS4 on January 31, Xbox One on February 3
Knee Deep, an episodic crime thriller adventure game from Prologue Games, is coming to PlayStation 4 on January 31 and to Xbox One on February 3, publisher Wales Interactive announced today. It will cost $14.99 USD/£11.99.
After a washed-up actor hangs himself in the Florida town of Cypress Knee, three characters – cheeky blogger Romana Teague, down-and-out local reporter Jack Bellet, and cynical private investigator K.C. Gaddis – investigate the mysterious suicide. Using observation, deduction, and cleverness, you’ll reveal the true story behind the conspiracy, with your choices throughout mattering.
“Experience a magical reality where characters are transported among scenes, set pieces moved into place, and music wafts from the orchestra pit,” the description adds. “Knee Deep is about characters, storytelling, and the melodrama of swampland Florida.”
As the features list shows, you can’t actually fail in Knee Deep – the story keeps going until you reach the end:
- Choice-driven narrative – Paths you follow in conversations may lead to information you might miss otherwise.
- No fail-state – You can’t lose Knee Deep. No matter what choices you make, the story unfolds until it reaches the finale.
- Theatrical presentation – Your story takes place on the world’s largest theatre stage, with characters shifting between sets. When a scene ends, hop aboard a mobile platform as the giant stage rotates to the next scene!
- Unique visual style – Changing color palettes, pools of light and swaths of shadow, plus the massive sky stage backdrop help Knee Deep stand out.
- Atmospheric musical soundtrack – A mix of bluegrass and blues, the soundtrack by SkewSound adds another dimension to the story of Knee Deep.
- Full voice cast – You’ll meet more than 30 fully voiced characters during the show.
Knee Deep is the first title from Prologue Games.
[Source: Wales Interactive]