The King of Fighters XIV Update 1.10 Is Live on PS4, Upgrades Graphics (Update)
Update: Atlus has provided full patch notes for the new The King of Fighters XIV update on PS4:
- Significant graphical improvements for the characters and other aspects
- 2 new color variations per character
- Player can now select characters or teams after each match when using the RANDOM / TEAM RANDOM options on the MEMBER SELECT screen
- On the Button Config screen, the settings for PLAYER 2 can now be saved
- 50 new profile icons added (All icons will be automatically unlocked after the update)
- 100 new Titles added (One title will be unlocked per online match after the update)
- Background Noise Sound Effects in FREE MATCH now include all 16 types (Some controls have changed as a result)
- Minor bug fixes, functionality improvements
Original Story: Out a day earlier than expected, The King of Fighters XIV update 1.10 for PlayStation 4 is a 3.7GB download and brings improvements to the graphics.
“With this update, aspects such as the shaders and lighting have been upgraded to improve the overall visuals,” Producer Yasuyuki Oda says. “We also listened to your feedback regarding color variations, and will be increasing the total number per character from 4 to 6.”
Here’s a list of exactly what changed with update 1.10, according to the PS4’s Update History:
- Improved display on graphics and characters
- Increased color variations for each characters from 4 to 6 colors
- Addressed other issues and improved functionality
A previous SNK tweet said there wouldn’t be any character balance changes in this update.
If you like free stuff, the Athena Asamiya costume is available at no cost until January 22 through the PlayStation Store. There’s also a number of free The King of Fighters XIV themes for PS4.
Back in December, Oda teased that they have “even more reveals planned for 2017 and beyond! Stay tuned for more exciting announcements!”