Battleborn Update Today Is 13GB, Adds PS4 Pro Support & Much More
At 2pm PT/5pm ET/10pm GMT, Gearbox will release the giant Battleborn Winter Update, which is 13GB on PlayStation 4, 15GB on PC, and 18GB on Xbox One.
Some of the highlights of the Winter Update include PS4 Pro support, two new training modes, Draft Mode, the unlocking of the core 25 characters (after completing the Prologue), Main and Daily Quests, and a user interface overhaul.
After installing the update, PS4 Pro owners will find performance enhancements across the board, as well as these three gameplay options: 1080p at 30 frames-per-second, 1080p at up to 60fps, and 4K at 30fps. Regular PS4 owners will also have a new option to run Battleborn at 1080p at up to 60fps, in addition to the 1080p at 30fps option.
Furthermore, the Winter Update adds support for the Third Story Operation, Oscar Mike vs The Battle School, which is $4.99 USD on its own or included in the $19.99 USD Season Pass. Additionally, the 30th hero, Beatrix, goes live today for all Season Pass owners, while everyone else will have to wait until January 26 to unlock her (for 47,500 credits).
Here’s some of the highlights of today’s big Battleborn update:
All 25 Core Characters Unlocked
That’s right, 25 badass playable characters, no waiting! With this update, the core 25 characters will be unlocked for all players after completing the Prologue.
Two New Training Modes
Build up your skills before hitting the battlefield in two new training modes: Incursion Tutorial and the Dojo!
- Incursion Tutorial: Hone your PVP skills and learn the key elements of competitive play in Battleborn. Your first play-through is solo, but this practice mode can be repeated with groups of up to three players.
- Dojo: Take each and every Battleborn hero for a test drive! Learn how to slice, dice, blast, smash, and rocket your way through waves of minions.
This is one of the most exciting new additions! On top of a whole new character select experience, Battleborn will also offer pick/ban drafting in public and private matches. Players and teams can now take turns picking and banning characters to create an excellent competitive roster based on what the other team is choosing.
- Normal Draft: Normal draft mode will be available in both public and private matches, allowing each team to take turns voting for their banned characters and creating their roster.
- Captain’s Draft: Private matches have an additional draft mode called Captain’s Draft. In these private matches, each team has a captain, so choose wisely! Not only will the captain be directing the team in battle, they also have final say over which characters their team will ban.
New challenges await with the quest system in Battleborn! Players can now take on new objectives through Main and Daily Quests for a variety of different rewards.
- Main Quests: Main quests lets you explore different aspects of the modes and missions in Battleborn.
- Daily Quests: Unlock a new quest every day! The reward varies depending on the difficulty of the quest, with the hardest quests also having the biggest rewards.
User Interface Overhaul
Battleborn’s user interface has a whole new look! It’s now cleaner, more vibrant, and much easier to find the information you need most. There are UI changes throughout Battleborn, from the starting screen, to the Command center, character select, and even in the menu system.
Command Rank and Character Rank Increase
Are you the best of the best of the best? Climb the ranks in Battleborn with higher level caps for Command Rank and Character Rank! We pushed the cap to 150 for Command Rank, and rank 20 for each character. Don’t be fooled, this will not be an easy climb, but you will get all-new awesome rewards along the way!