Killing Floor 2 Update Today Adds the Tropical Bash Content Pack
Tripwire Interactive has announced that the first Killing Floor 2 update of 2017 is now live on PlayStation 4 and PC, adding the Tropical Bash content pack. With Tropical Bash, you’ll find a new tropical island map, Zed Landing, that includes a brand-new type of Zed, the Gorefiend. A brother to the Gorefast, the Gorefiend features dual blades and powerful attacks.
“At Tripwire we strongly believe in not splintering the player base by charging for map packs,” Game Director David Hensley said. “This way we ensure that all players can play together all the time because they all own the same maps.”
Here’s the new content included with today’s update:
- New Map – Zed Landing, a lush tropical island with an active volcano and dynamic volcano effects
- New Weapon – Hammer the point home to Zeds using the Bone Crusher, a devastating makeshift mace and shield for the Berserker perk
- New Zed – The deadly, dual-bladed Gorefiend adds yet another threat for players to overcome
- Dual Perk Weapons – Weapons can now belong to more than one perk, greatly increasing the weapon choices available for each perk
- New Emotes – New emote animations that can be triggered during gameplay. All players receive one for free, with additional emotes gained from unlocking Emote Crates
You can see the full list of balance changes and bug fixes over here.
Expect more content to come to Killing Floor 2 as the year progresses.
If you’re looking to buy Killing Floor 2, it’s on sale for $26.79 USD (33% off) through the North American PlayStation Store until Monday, January 23 at 8am PT/11am ET. The Steam version is also on sale.