Resident Evil 7 Gets a Launch Trailer, Banned Footage Vol. 1 DLC Arrives Next Week
With Resident Evil 7 update 1.01 this week adding DLC support, Capcom has announced that Banned Footage Vol. 1 will be available on January 31 for $9.99 USD, and Banned Footage Vol. 2 will follow on February 14 for $14.99 USD. Each DLC pack is available first on PlayStation 4, and Season Pass owners will be able to download them for free.
Both Banned Footage packs include two tapes and a new mode, but the new modes don’t support PlayStation VR:
Banned Footage Vol. 1
- Bedroom – Figure out how to escape from a locked room — but don’t let Marguerite Baker know you’ve been out of bed.
- Nightmare – Fend off waves of enemies and survive until morning while crafting useful items and traps to stay alive.
- Extra Mode: Ethan Must Die – A tough-as-nails mode separate from the tapes and story of the main game. (Does not support PS VR).
Banned Footage Vol. 2
- 21 – Gamble life and limb in a deadly game run by Lucas Baker.
- Daughters – See what the Baker family was like before the tragic events of Resident Evil 7 biohazard.
- Extra Mode: Jack’s 55th Birthday – Race against the clock and feed Jack tons of food in this comical extra game mode separate from the tapes and story of the main game. (Does not support PS VR)
There will also be an additional story episode coming to Resident Evil 7 in the future, but Capcom didn’t reveal any details today.
In terms of free DLC, the Not a Hero story episode launches in spring 2017 and “will introduce players to a new separate storyline away from the mysterious drama they’ve already unveiled with Ethan Winters.”
Along with HDR support on PS4, PS4 Pro, Xbox One, and PC, Resident Evil 7 also includes “full 4K resolution with incredibly crisp graphics and even more detailed textures” on PS4 Pro.
What do you think about the DLC arriving so soon after launch?