3D Sandbox Game Portal Knights Comes to PS4 & Xbox One on May 2
A 3D action RPG sandbox game, Portal Knights is coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on April 28 in Europe and May 2 in North America through both physical and digital retailers, 505 Games announced today. The PC version will leave Early Access at the same time.
After creating your character, Portal Knights drops you into a world with dozens of randomly generated environments, and each has their own unique enemies to fight, treasures to collect, and resources to mine. As the features list shows, Portal Knights lets you play with friends, battle bosses, and more:
- Travel between randomly generated 3D sandbox worlds – Traverse unique environments, meet unique NPC characters, discover creatures and resources for crafting. Explore caves, lakes and dungeons filled with surprises.
- Tactical action combat – Strike foes and dodge their attacks in fast-paced third-person and first-person battles. Outwit each enemy’s unique AI and choose from an assortment of weapons and spells to defeat them!
- Unique RPG classes to choose from and master – Play as a Warrior, Mage or Ranger and customize appearance, abilities and gear. Unlock powerful talents as you level up and select your attributes!
- Epic boss battles – Face off against the Portal Guardians, the most formidable beasts in the realm, in their twisted arenas.
- Random Events – Adventure in ever changing landscapes. Complete new quests and earn exclusive items in random events across the worlds.
- Gather unique resources from across the worlds to craft an arsenal and supplies – Upgrade crafting stations and expand the recipe list to +100 items, complete with specific crafting trees based on players’ character class.
- Construct a stronghold from dozens of materials and furnishings – Display the hard-earned treasure from players’ journeys. Plant a farm and reap harvest as crops grow in real time.
- Join friends in 4-person cooperative multiplayer or 2 player split screen – Team up with friends to build structures, explore dungeons, defeat monsters, complete quests, trade items and journey on different islands.
Asked if Portal Knights will also include 4-player split-screen, 505 Games Community Manager Antonela Pounder said, “The developers are currently in the optimization stages with console, so we’ll be able to give you more info in the coming weeks.”
In terms of Portal Knights’s content, Pounder said, “Everything the PC community has, the console community will have.”
Pounder added that Portal Knights won’t include cross-platform support, and it isn’t free-to-play.
[Source: PlayStation Blog]