DiRT 4 Announced, Releases in June 2017 for PS4, Xbox One & PC
DiRT 4 is releasing on June 6 in North America and June 9 in Europe for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, Codemasters and Koch Media announced today.
With DiRT 4, Codemasters has added a system called Your Stage, which they describe as an “an innovative rally route creation tool that allows you to produce an almost-infinite number of unique stages at the press of a button.” After choosing your location and route parameters, Your Stage creates a unique rally stage that you can race on, share, and challenge your friends with.
Codemasters says, “With DiRT 4, we’ve sought to combine the levels of thrill and realism from last year’s DiRT Rally with the fearless excitement, fun, and adrenaline-fuelled races previously seen in its critically acclaimed prequels DiRT 2 and DiRT 3.”
As the description for DiRT 4 shows, there’s five locations, over 50 cars, buggies, trucks, and much more:
DiRT 4 challenges you to “Be Fearless” by capturing the thrill, emotion and passion of off-road racing. It recreates the heady mix of adrenaline and fear that comes from powering around a blind bend and the rush you feel going for a last ditch overtake when there’s not enough room on the final lap of a race. Off-road racing is about more than perfect cornering, it’s about heart-pounding split section decision making where bravery brings reward.
- Over 50 of the Most Breath-Taking Off-Road Cars Ever Built – Including Ford Fiesta R5, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI, Subaru WRX STI NR4 and Audi Sport quattro S1 E2
- 5 Incredible Rally Locations With Millions of Routes – Australia, Spain, Michigan, Sweden & Wales
- The Official Game of the FIA World Rallycross Championship – Race at Montalegre, Lohéac Bretagne, Hell, Holjes & Lydden Hill in a multitude of different series
- Landrush – Short-course dirt track racing in Pro Buggies, Pro-2 Trucks, Pro-4 Trucks and Crosskart vehicles in California, Nevada and Mexico
- Joyride – Laptime challenges, smash challenges, free-play area and send challenges to friends
- DiRT Academy – Taking place at the DirtFish Rally School in Washington, USA, learn the skills, techniques and practice to become the best!
- Career Mode – Create your driver, compete across the disciplines, gain sponsors and build your team with clear goals and rewards
- Competitive Gaming – Daily, weekly and month-long challenges against fellow players from around the world
- Next Generation of Racenet – Live ladder, leagues and tournaments, cross-platform leaderboards, enhanced CREST telemetry system
- Tuning – Tweak your set-up based on vehicle, track and weather conditions to best suit your racing style
- Damage & Repairs – Wear and tear is faithfully recreated with an improved and realistic damage model. Damage can be repaired by hiring Engineers to work in the team’s Service Area between stages but with a finite amount of time available.
Asked if the ex-Evolution Studios team was working on DiRT 4, Paul Rustchynsky said, “#DiRT4 is being made by the awesome team in Southam who did all the previous DiRT games. Our team in Cheshire are working on a new IP.”
Codemasters isn’t done with DiRT Rally yet, as PlayStation VR support is coming in the form of paid DLC.