Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Update 1.08 Available on PS4 & Xbox One
Update: In the patch notes for today’s update, Infinity Ward says leaderboards will be out by January 31, and Combat Record and Emblem Editor will arrive in late February.
Here’s what was included with update 1.08:
Complete new missions to achieve Commander Ranks!
- Each Mission Team now goes up to Rank 100! Once you hit that level 50 rank, you’ll go on to chase after a Commander rank until you reach Mission Team Commander Rank 100!
- New ranks better rewards, so Commander Ranks will reward you MKII versions of Mission Team-only Prototype weapons once achieved. You can also craft more! Commander Ranks reward salvage every level you rank up as long as that level isn’t giving you a MKII Prototype reward.
Featured Content & What’s New
- 2XP and 2X Weapon XP in MP and Zombies until February 3rd (all platforms)
- Hyper Team Deathmatch until February 3rd: Payload charge rates are bumped to 7x their normal speed (all platforms)
- Call of Duty World League Personalization Pack
- Barracks now include a section for Medals
- Added ability for both splitscreen players to change their own Missions in the lobby before a match starts
- Safeguard against jitter mod exploits
- Defender: Fix for exploit that could occur if a player using Rewind spawns on a newly spawned Defender drone, allowing the player to carry their gun as they carry the drone
- Adjusted Taunt menu to wrap to the bottom of the list
- During the final killcam, the team emblem shown was the emblem of the user who died rather than the player who got the kill. This has been fixed.
- Hardcore Search and Destroy: Fix for “Friendly Fire is not Tolerated” displaying after every round for the remainder of the game
- Added ability to equip Calling Card and emblem after acquiring them from a Supply Drop
- Camo challenges involving Direct Impact kills with the Howitzer were not tracking. This has been fixed.
- Various updates to weapon camos
- Fix for players SPM not being calculated correctly in some instances
- Camo adjustment for the MK2 R3k not covering the right side of the weapon
- Allow players to skip Mission Team videos even if it’s their first time seeing them
- Fix for the KBS Harbinger reload animation playing twice while holding down both triggers
- Fixed an issue where the Jammer Grenade was not damaging scorestreaks correctly
- Fixed an error a player would receive when attempting to edit a class with the OSA
- Fix for an issue where players with akimbo weapons were immune to the Steel Dragon
- Fix for team colors not appearing the proper shade
- Added CWL specific game mode icons
- Fix for Cold Blooded not affecting Thermal Scope for Casters (Xbox)
- Adjusted the position of the gamemode icon so the Uplink image does not stretch
- Removing the required number of players for CWL matches
- Allow for multiple casters in the same lobby
Original Story: 1.8GB on PlayStation 4 and 2GB on Xbox One, Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare update 1.08 is now available to download. Infinity Ward hasn’t updated their Reddit thread or the dedicated page on Activision’s Support site with patch notes yet.
According to players, the new Infinite Warfare update added a new menu, Hyper Team Deathmatch, and the ability to change lobby music in Zombies. Charlie Intel adds that Hyper Team Deathmatch will be available until February 3 through the Featured section, and it’s “Team Deathmatch with reduced cool-downs on payloads.”
Pre-loading for the Sabotage DLC pack should start within the next couple of days on PS4. According to the PlayStation Store, it’s a 7.8GB download.
If you have Modern Warfare Remastered, a “mosh pit of different game modes restricted to shotguns and pistols only” is live through this weekend.
Also, don’t forget that Double XP is now live in both Infinite Warfare and Modern Warfare Remastered.