Puyo Puyo Tetris Out This April, Game Modes Revealed in Video
In a press release, SEGA has announced that Puyo Puyo Tetris, which, as one can expect, is a mash up of puzzle games Tetris and Puyo Puyo, will be out on April 25 for the US, and April 28 in EU!
Not only is Puyo Puyo Tetris a puzzle game, but there’s even a single-player Adventure mode as well. Check out the game modes available in the trailer above to see the puzzle action that awaits.
- Versus – Players compete head-to-head in either Puyo Puyo or Tetris to fight in the puzzle fight of their life.
- Swap – Players’ abilities are put to the ultimate test when they compete on both Puyo Puyo and Tetris boards, which switch back and forth at set intervals.
- Fusion – A true hybrid game where players compete with Puyos and Tetriminos together on the same board, requiring deft, on-the-fly thinking to become victorious.
- Big Bang – It’s a race to the finish as players compete against each other to clear unique challenge boards as quickly as possible to win.
- Party – Players compete on Puyo or Tetris boards, but the puzzles feature special items that when activated either help players or harm their opponents.
Developed by Sonic Team, Puyo Puyo Tetris will be priced at $29.99 and will only be available via physical formats for the PlayStation 4. There’s also a Nintendo Switch version that’ll be priced $39.99 (physical), and $29.99 (digital).