The Tomorrow Children Update Adds Administrator Tower, Tweaks Gameplay
Q-Games’ The Tomorrow Children has been out for five months, and to make sure the game is continued to be played, the developer released a huge update to the exploration game. The update comes in two main parts as it adds one giant feature and updates a number of existing ones. The new feature is a new building called the Administrator Tower.
This tower allows players to enact administrative commands that will change how the game is played. It can range from minor administrative changes, such as extinguishing all the fires in the town, or larger ones that will ban non-residents from the town.
Here’s the full list of commands, courtesy of the PlayStation Blog:
- Fire Brigade – all fires in town will be extinguished.
- Phase Healing – all comrades will be healed to full immediately.
- Non-Resident Barrier – Non-residents are banned from entry to the town for a certain period of time (players already logged in are fine until they next log out). Used wisely this can give you something close to private servers!
- Airship Raid – The nearest Bankrotz will be destroyed by aerial attack. This is fun for everyone to watch!
- Comrade Summons – All players will be asked if they want to be teleported back to town, useful for calling people back to fend off an attack!
- Terrain Clearer – Terrain surrounding structures in town will be cleared.
- Power Saver – The town will draw electricity from the state for a short period of time, and not deplete the town’s energy supply.
- Food Saver – The town will use food from the state for a short period of time, and not deplete the town’s food supply.
- Turret Tuning – Soviet scientists will temporarily tune the turrets to fire an extra shot in quick succession. Particularly great when combined with a certain mayor!
- Retashi Smasher – All retashi in the town will be instantly quashed, great for when a swarm has just arrived.
- Clone Luminescence – By order of the Administrator, all comrades will glow for a short period of time.
- Island Disperser – All islands will be dispersed in the order in which they were created. Great for cycling in new islands to play on when you have fully mined the existing ones!
The other half of the game is a large scale rebalancing of The Tomorrow Children‘s systems. Guns have been modified (for example the shotgun reloads are quicker), health reduced for green Bankrotz, and void powers can now be found in treasure boxes. There’s a bunch of changes to just about every facet of the game, and they can all be found over at the PlayStation Blog.
Let us know in the comments below if you’re excited about these changes, and if it’s enough to make you jump back into the Sony published title.
(Source: PlayStation Blog)