Terraria Has Sold Over 20 Million Copies, Console Launch of Terraria 1.3 is “Around the Corner”
Terraria developer Re-Logic has announced that the sandbox action adventure title has sold over 20 million copies as of the end of 2016. Originally released in May 2011 for PC, the game later released worldwide on the PlayStation 3, PS4, and PS Vita among a plethora of other platforms.
To mark the occasion, Re-Logic shared some Terraria “fun facts” that show us how far the game has come. Check them out below.
Launch: May 2011
- PC Only
- ~250 Items
- 6 NPCs (7 if you count the Old Man )
- 20 Enemies
- 3 Bosses
- 10 Biomes
- Game “ended” with the Dungeon, explorable upon defeating the final boss of the game at the time, Skeletron
- ~20.5 Million Copies Sold (8.5m alone in the 18 months since 1.3 on PC!)
- Available across one of the widest arrays of gaming platforms of any game ever: PC/Mac/Linux, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS VITA, PS4, Nintendo 3DS, Wii U, iOS, Android, Windows Phone, and Amazon mobile devices
- ~3,800 Items
- 25 NPCs (26 if you count the Old Man )
- ~350 Enemies
- 16 Bosses (plus 9 mini-bosses!)
- 27 Biomes (Plus a number of “mini-biomes” such as Pyramids or Living Trees)
- Handful of Optional “Events” (The Moons, Invasions, etc)
- Game “ends” with Moonlord, though optional content remains
- Expert Mode for those with the skills to take on the ultimate Challenge!
- Numerous Quality of Life Improvements (Too many to mention, really!)
- ….and we still have more planned to come your way!
Signing off the post, Re-Logic reminded fans that the console launch of Terraria 1.3 is “around the corner” and new information has yet to be shared including the status of Otherworld.