Power Rangers-Inspired RPG Chroma Squad Coming to PS4 in May, Vita Version Cancelled
Bandai Namco Entertainment has announced that its tactical RPG, Chroma Squad, will be out on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in May this year. Additionally, the previously announced PS Vita version has been cancelled.
The press release provided doesn’t mention why the Vita version was cancelled, however.
The game, which is already out on PC, is described as follows on its Steam page:
- Customize your TV studio: hire actors, upgrade your gear, do marketing, craft weapons, costumes and giant cardboard robots!
- Tactical RPG combat with a twist: combine your heroes’ abilities with Teamwork maneuvers!
- In-Depth RPG systems with skill trees, random equipment, crafting, and branching storyline with 3 different endings!
- Giant Mecha combat – destroy the city to save the city!
- A love letter to Power Rangers, Tokusatsu and the Japanese series of our childhoods!
- Deliciously-animated pixel art and a chiptune soundtrack that shines like justice!
Were any of our readers planning to pick up Chroma Squad for the Vita?