Tequila Works Gives an Overview of Rime’s PS4 Pro Enhancements, Says It Wants to Balance It Out
Rime developer Tequila Works has said that it’s targeting a frame-rate and resolution of 30fps/1080p on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One and although the game will offer a higher frame-rate on the PS4 Pro, the studio wanted to achieve a balance between “having more frame rate than in a normal PS4 but adding some visual improvements that helped Rime to look even better.”
Speaking to Wccftech, Lead Progammer Carlos Vázquez said that the increase in frame-rate for PS4 Pro will vary between 5-10fps “depending on the game’s area.” Additionally, he gave a quick rundown of improvements as follows:
– Much better quality of the shadows.
– Temporal antialiasing has better quality, obtaining more definition and quality in the AA filter.
– The LODs’ distance has been tweaked to increase the visual quality of fauna and flora during the time they are rendered.
– More definition in the texture filter.
– The VFX, shaders, materials and translucency has better quality too so we can have, for example, more realistic metals, better screen space reflections and better detail level in general.
As for HDR, Vázquez says that the support Rime offers is the default one that comes with Unreal Engine, and the developer didn’t feel the need to change any of its settings.
Rime comes to PS4, Xbox One, PC and Switch in May 2017.