Titanfall 2 Update Today Adds Live Fire, New Coliseum Map, Mixtape Matchmaking & More
Update: According to players, Live Fire is a 1.44GB – 3.36GB download, depending on your platform.
Original Story: In the new Titanfall 2 update coming later today, Respawn will add Live Fire, a 6v6 Pilot vs Pilot round-based game mode with no respawns where you have one minute to eliminate the opposing team in order to win the round. Holding the neutral flag when the timer ends also results in a win for your team.
Here’s what else is being added to Titanfall 2 in today’s update:
- Mixtape Matchmaking – You’ll notice a complete overhaul of the matchmaking menu. Thanks to hard work from the team and feedback from the community, this new feature will allow you to create your own “mixtape” of modes.
- Featured Playlist – Here we will be swapping out new modes each week that we think you should play, and for some of them we’ll reward you with Double XP events for checking them out.
- Live Fire Maps – There will be two maps, Stacks and Meadows, that will support Live Fire mode only. Live Fire will be a limited time mode that will show up on Featured Playlists. We’ll be rotating this with other modes that we want to feature.
- New Ambient Environmental Sound Effects to Bring the Live Fire Maps to Life – Meadow is a fusion of virtual reality and natural forest ambiences while Stacks is a fusion of virtual and industrial sounds.
- New Execution – Inspired by the Stim, Last Hit packs a punch and you’ll see it show up with the rest of the executions in the Pilot customization options.
- New Coliseum Map – Go mano e mano in a brand-new map called Columns that adds a twist to the existing formula.
- New Factions Intros – We’ve added some new dialogue for faction leaders, so enjoy the new pep talk as you drop into that next match.
- Community FAQ – New section of the FAQ to highlight upcoming patches, DLC drops, trailers, and creations from the community
- Added Film Grain Slider
Respawn is also bringing these improvements, balance changes, and bug fixes to Titanfall 2 on PlayStation 4:
- Holo pilot decoy can now deploy on ziplines.
- Holo pilot decoy is more resilient when stepping over things and colliding with walls at certain angles.
- Holo pilot decoy is now visible in the threat scope and sonar grenade pings.
- Holo pilot decoy no longer runs on top of dome shields.
- Holo pilot decoy no longer crashes into the ceiling and dies when running through doorways.
- Holo pilot decoy should be more resilient when started during wallruns.
- Kraber can no longer be shot as a semi-automatic if the player presses the reload button at the same time as the fire button.
- Titans that are invulnerable while performing executions will have their lifebars colored gold and flashing to communicate their invulnerability.
- Added some out of bounds triggers and props to block off areas for Crashsite and Complex.
- FOV is now saved per-user.
- When switching weapons while editing a loadout, the game will now preserve your mod choices if possible.
- Ronin now shows his sword in the loadout menus.
- Credit purchasable items now show a credit symbol instead of a lock symbol.
- Friends’ names will now show up green in chatroom and in-game.
- Prime Titans can now use Nose Arts.
- Network Admins can send messages to the network in-game, rather than only through titanfall.com
- Added extra text to make clear that Warpaints are not supported on Prime Titans.
- Capped max range of Reapers’ weapons in Attrition.
- Toned down the excessively loud dropship sounds in Attrition.
- Adjusted Volume Falloff of Cluster Rocket Explosions so you don’t hear them from across the map anymore.
- Added some lobby text notifications to inform players that they are waiting on the party leader before restarting matchmaking.
- Nuclear Eject damage no longer fills your Titan Meter.
- Reduced the area affected by the Nuclear Eject screen shake.
- Increasing crit damage Pilots deal to Reapers in Multiplayer.
- Reduced Salvo Core’s damage.
- Removed the damage falloff from Salvo Core rockets.
- Increased the cooldown of Sonar Pulse.
- Reduced the projectile size of the 40mm.
- Tone Burst Loader Improvements:
- Slight presentation tweaks.
- Updated audio cues.
- Leaving ADS now clears the charges
- Removed the damage falloff from Flight Core rockets. This should make her more consistent in dealing high damage.
- Increased dash regen rate.
- Increased dash regen rate.
- ADS’ing with his primary weapon will display the projectile’s path.
- Fixed a bug with Vortex Shield where reflected bullets would deal a high amount of splash damage.
- Added very far damage settings, reducing its damage at distance.
- Added more kick to the first shot to make using single shots more difficult.
- Increased view kick during sustained fire to create a slightly larger spread.
- Fixed the homing speed so it will once again track targets as expected.
- Reduced the projectile speed.
- Increased the fuse time.
- Fixed being able to be shot by snipers behind the cover of the amped wall if the shooter is really close.
- Fixed sentries so they now properly track targets through the amped wall.
- Fixed tracers not showing up when shooting through friendlies with bullet weapons.
- Fixed the MP R201 not dismembering stalkers and ultimately being less effective as other similar weapons against stalkers.
- Fixed bug with using A-Wall/Hard Cover while phase shifted.
- Fixed some cases where players could plant turrets in mid-air.
- Fixed HUD display incorrectly showing number of Electric Smoke charges.
- Fixed case of scoreboard counting a Titan termination on a piloted Titan counting as 2 pilot kills.
- Fixed MOTD not displaying over a certain character limit.
- Fixed Charge Rifle with Quick Charge mod skipping cooldown after firing and switching weapons.
- An elusive Nessie has still not been found…last seen in the mission Blood and Rust…
- Fixed bug with getting doomed with Stealth Auto Eject while in the midst of melee. Also fixed rare case of being stuck permanently in a “Ejecting Titan” cockpit animation.
- Fixed some cases of being stuck inside of level geometry with Rodeo.
- Fixed Grenade indicators not showing up sometimes.
- Fixed incorrect bullet hit detection immediately after being damaged.
- Fixed some cases of being stuck inside of level geometry with Phase Rewind.
- Fix asian languages not always word wrapping correctly.
- Fix input duplication between chat messages and the game.
- Fix pick up ammo sound incorrectly playing in MP.
- Fixed issue with browse not highlighting a network when clicked from lobby.
- Fixed hover FX not playing in NPC kill replay.
- Fixed Ion’s Laser Core FX appearing offset from crosshair.
- Fixed showing the turret placement hint when player spawns, but doesn’t have a turret, due to watching a kill replay with the turret placement hints.
- Fix camera becoming disoriented when navigating the store.
- Fix formatting issues in stats page.
- UI bugfixes when browsing networks and in the chatroom.
- Fixed a bug with the nose art menu that left the player on a blank page sometimes.
- Fixed a bug with SP achievements not correctly counting all Pilot Helmets collected. (Will trigger when opening main menu)
- Fixed some stats related issues with player melee.
PS4 Bug Fixes
- Accepting a game invite while the game is not running will now properly connect you to the invited lobby.
- General stability improvements.
PS4 Pro Bug Fixes
- Increased sun shadow resolution.
To celebrate the launch of the new update, Respawn is hosting a Live Fire Double XP weekend – from today, February 23 through Monday, February 27 – where you get double XP for playing in Live Fire.
Respawn has many more updates planned for 2017, and all future maps, modes, and weapons will be released for free. The next classic map is Colony, and it’s expected in March.