Nioh Update 1.05 Goes Live as Worldwide Sales Cross One Million
Update: Numerous players are reporting errors when trying to download update 1.05. Team Ninja hasn’t commented on these issues yet, but some players have said that restarting their PS4 allowed them to download the patch.
Original Story: Released on February 7 for PlayStation 4, Nioh has sold more than one million copies worldwide, Koei Tecmo announced. As the Nioh website points out, this is the combined total of physical copies shipped and digital copies sold.
To celebrate the milestone, Team Ninja included the Golden Nioh Armor in today’s Nioh update, version 1.04. After downloading 1.04, access the Boons menu from a Shrine to obtain it.
Fextralife translated the patch notes for update 1.04, and you can read them below:
- A new menu is added to the Hidden Teahouse. It will allow players to readjust points
- Items such as arrows and other consumables will now be sent directly to the storehouse if the player’s carry max is reached
- Added an “Other” menu to the “Play Record” window
- The following has been altered in the Game Settings menu under System Menu: Added a weapon type tab; Added an armor type tab; Added a small items tab; Autmatic projectile replenishment at mission start; Center the camera when guarding
- Title screen will now show application version
- Weapons and armors may now be sorted by category
- The Itokuri Guardian Spirit will now give priority to weapon attributes regarding paralysis protection.
- Fixed an issue where autosaves would accidentally overwrite other characters. (The autosave issue may appear, but the character override will no longer happen)
- Fixed an issue that made some enemies continuously drop Amrita
- Fixed missing assets in some stages
- Fixed an issue that caused the application to crash when fighting certain bosses.
- Fixed an issue where missions could not be completed if the objective enemy was defeated mid-air.
- Fixed an issue where missions could not be completed if the objective enemy was defeated through a wall.
- Fixed an issue where Saika Magoichi and Kelly may be on the ground while in online play.
- Fixed an issue that was matching users again after successfully completing a mission.
- Fixed an issue where correct gestures towards Mujina were not recognized while playing online.
- Fixed an issue where, during online play, players would not be able to open their equipment and would be naked if they were transported while mid-bath in a Hot Spring.
- Fixed an issue where Dual Katana’s Mid Stance strong attacks would not hit if the enemy is guarding.
- Fixed an issue where it was impossible to proceed if the skill Leaf Glide was used against certain bosses.
- Fixed an issue with Suzaku’s Living Weapon trigger.
- Fixed an issue where the correct amount of enemies defeated would not display in the Play Record.
- Fixed an incorrect description of gestures in the trading section of the Hidden Teahouse.
- Other Bug Fixes.
Because of an unexpected issue in 1.04 that allowed players to obtain very high level equipment after a certain amount of forging, Team Ninja has already released Nioh update 1.05. This makes the probability of obtaining very high level equipment much lower than before, as was originally intended.
“We are extremely sorry but players who have already seen equipment drops will see the drops reduced in level to adjust for the original intention,” they add.
March will see the addition of high-difficulty missions to Nioh, while April will see PvP and the Dragon of the North DLC.