Horizon Zero Dawn Update 1.03 Fixes Crashing and Progression Issues
Update: Guerrilla has detailed all of the fixes in update 1.03:
- Fixed a crash that could occur during “The Heart of the Nora”, after getting killed by the corrupted Thunderjaw at All-Mother’s entrance.
- Fixed an issue where the game would crash on “The Curse to Darkness” when left idle for a few minutes, after selecting continue from the Main Menu.
- Fixed a crash that would occur during “Revenge of the Nora” when the player would be killed by the Bellowback.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when the player was killed by the Behemoth during “The Terror of the Sun” quest.
- Fixed an issue where the loading screen would hang after viewing the cutscene after the credits.
- Fixed a progression issue during “Deep Secrets of the Earth” where Aloy could not re-enter the secret entrance after fast traveling out.
- Fixed an issue where Aloy was able to mount machines with heavy weapons equipped.
- Fixed an issue where bandits would spawn inside the mountain during Bandit Camp “Two Teeth”.
- Fixed an issue where you could already scan the datapoint “Record of Redmaw 2” spoiling the quest.
- Fixed an issue where tracks wouldn’t be highlighted unless het player was at a certain distance.
- Fixed a crash with Hunting Grounds 1 when in combat with the Grazers.
- Fixed an issue where the quest icon would display the incorrect quest when finishing “Gift from the Past” and transitioning to “The Point of the Spear”.
- Fixed an issue where Vanasha wasn’t appearing to activate the “Traitor’s Bounty” quest.
- Fixed an issue during “The City of the Sun” where Erend wouldn’t spawn correctly.
- Fixed an issue where the Override icon wouldn’t always show on overridden machines.
- Fixed an issue where players would accidentally skip the cinematic during “A Gift from the Past”.
- Fixed an issue during “The War Chiefs Trail” where the player could not interact with Sona after fast traveling.
Original Story: A 230MB download, Horizon Zero Dawn update 1.03 for PlayStation 4 includes “multiple crash and progression fixes,” players have revealed.
Asked if update 1.03 fixes the issues players were having with crashing during the opening cinematic, Game Director Mathijs de Jonge said, “Fixes crashes, don’t know the specifics atm.”
If you still experience crashing during the opening cinematic, Guerrilla Games offered up this workaround for disc-based players:
- After the game has crashed please restart your PS4.
- After your PS4 has restarted, leave the Horizon Zero Dawn disc in the PS4 for 2 hours while the PS4 is powered on and idle.
- Then start the game again.
Viewing the intro cinematic: If you missed a part of the intro cinematic, you can view it again from the main menu of the game – Extras > Intro Movie.
According to Guerrilla Games Community Manager Jeroen Roding, the reason you need to wait two hours is “because the [disc] is still copying files over to the PS4.” Roding adds that the crashing issue mainly occurs with the disc version.
Answering a question on Twitter about the potential for a storage system in Horizon Zero Dawn, de Jonge said, “Might not be easy, but I’ll check.”
Did you notice any major improvements with today’s update?