Grand Theft Auto V Update 1.38 Today Adds Cunning Stunts: Special Vehicle Circuit
Update: Here’s a look at some of the new features and content in update 1.38, as revealed in the patch notes:
- Special Vehicle Races have been added to GTA Online. Special Vehicle Races are a new set of Stunt Races that utilize the Special Vehicles from Import/Export. These can either be launched via the Pause Menu Job list or by entering one of the new Special Race Series triggers in Freemode.
- A new vehicle has been added to GTA Online, available for purchase from Legendary Motorsport – Progen GP1
- Three new Special Race Series triggers have been added to GTA Online. These use the same functionality as the Stunt Series triggers added with Cunning Stunts but feature the new Special Races.
- A new “Aggregate Position” option has been added to the Races. When active, every player in the race is presented with a bar that fills at different speeds depending on which position the player is in. When this option is enabled in a Lap Race, the Race ends when one player has completely filled their bar; in a Point to Point Race, the player with the most filled bar at the end of the Race is the winner.
- Changes have been made to the Dynasty8 Executive website. Players are now presented with a button that reads “Add 2nd Garage Floor”, “Add 3rd Garage Floor” and “Add Custom Auto Shop” when attempting to buy any of the three. Previously, players had to check a small box to add any of these to their total.
- Heist vehicles now have a ‘Buy It Now’ This option works similarly to that offered with the Import/Export Special Vehicles. If players do not want to complete each vehicle’s associated Heist and wish to buy the vehicles immediately, they can use the new “Buy it Now” option and purchase the vehicle at an increased price.
- Heist equipment is now no longer locked behind the requirement of completing each item’s relevant Heist. This includes the following gear available for purchase at Ammu-Nation: Rebreather, Night Vision, LCD Earpiece
- The following vehicles are no longer locked behind Rank requirements: Rhino Tank, Annihilator Helicopter, Buzzard Helicopter, Dubsta 6×6
- The camera when riding the Blazer Aqua now retains whatever it is set to before going on water. Previously, the camera was forced to change into third person from first person when going onto water.
- The amount of Stunt Series triggers has been reduced from 8 to 3.
- Secondary Checkpoints in Stunt Races are now yellow, these were previously orange.
- A new “Parachute” option can be found in Ruiner 2000 Special Race lobbies that lets players choose their Ruiner 2000 parachute. These new parachutes cannot be applied to personal Ruiner 2000s and are only available with the stock Ruiner 2000 made available in Special Races.
- A new “No Livery” option has been added to the “Livery” section of the car selection screen in Races.
- The weekly active Time Trial update now occurs every Tuesday. This previously updated every Monday.
- Players can now change the color of a prop in the Creator with L1 / R1 (PS4) or LB / RB (Xbox One).
Original Story: Now available to download on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, Grand Theft Auto V update 1.38 is 890MB and adds GTA Online Cunning Stunts: Special Vehicle Circuit, which includes 20 new Stunt Races built for the Rocket Voltic, Ruiner 2000, and Blazer Aqua.
Full patch notes haven’t been posted for the update yet (they’ll be here when they are), but Rockstar previewed a few more things you can expect from the patch on their website:
Now Available: Progen GP1
- You’ve had flings with curvy concept cars, ditsy prototype roadsters and heavily-modded trackday racers. And somehow, you’re still not satisfied. Face it, you’re ready to settle down, and there’s only one choice: the Progen GP1. Now available in GTA Online from Legendary Motorsport.
Heist Vehicle Instant Access
- Your vehicular arsenal just isn’t complete without a HVY Insurgent, but breaking into the Humane Labs isn’t always as easy as it looks. The good news is you now have buy-it-now instant access to any vehicle that had to be acquired on a Heist. And because you can never have too much of a good thing, the Rhino, Annihilator, Buzzard and the Dubsta 6×6 no longer have rank requirements before purchase either.
Special Vehicle Premium Race: Redneck
- This week also marks the debut of a Special Vehicle Premium Race, with Redneck featuring the Rocket Voltic getting the Premium treatment. Dishing out huge GTA$ winnings for the top three finishers and Triple RP for all, launch this week’s Premium Race from the Quick Job App on your in-game phone or via the yellow corona at Legion Square.
Through March 22, these weapons, vehicle upgrades, and more are 25% off: Stilt Houses, Penthouse Apartments, Progen T20, Engine Upgrades, Turbo Upgrades, Exhausts, Spoilers, Submachine Guns, Body Armor, and Import/Export Clothing.
Also through March 22, you’ll earn Double GTA$ and RP on all 20 new tracks.
For the future of Grand Theft Auto Online, Rockstar says to expect more updates in the coming weeks, including new modes like Resurrection and Top Down, a collection of requested classic GTA vehicles (“including one particularly morbid muscle car”), and additions to the Creator “like new Stunt Race props and the ability to concoct your own Special Vehicle Races for the Rocket Voltic, Ruiner 2000, and Blazer Aqua.”