Trove Console Launch Update Now Out on PS4 & Xbox One
Update: If you’re a PlayStation Plus member, you can expect these bonuses in Trove:
- A bonus 20% adventure XP all day every day!
- A free PS Plus Pack is now available at PlayStation Store, which includes the Neon Ninja class, as well as the Lunar Ronin costume.
- And as a special launch bonus, the new Double Dragon pack is 25% off for PS Plus members from March 14 through March 28!
Original Story: Now rolling out on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, today’s Trove update takes the game from beta to launch, fixes issues, adds features, and more. If you’ve yet to download Trove, it’s available for free from the PlayStation Store (North America, Europe).
Reportedly a 327MB download, here’s what you’ll find with the Trove Console Launch Patch today:
Opening the Loot Collector imports your entire inventory and allows several new options:
- If an item you’re collecting has a style you haven’t already unlocked you’ll see this in the menu
- Lock items to prevent them from being accidentally loot collected
- “Collect All” button for quickly collecting all unlocked loot
- Buy back up to 150 items you’ve collected within the last 24 hours will be available to buy back
- Open the third inventory tab to check out the new storage system.
- Any crafting materials collected will go directly into this new tab and can stack up to ridiculously massive numbers.
- Items in your standard, adventure inventory will be moved to the new inventory slot when selected. Have no fear, your items are not lost – they are just finding their new home! Locate them by going back to the new tab
- You can now select and purchase items past the first page of the Marketplace
- The create button will now highlight properly in the marketplace
- Fixed a bug that could cause marketplace purchases to fail, but still deduct currency
- Fixed the Item Type and Currency drops downs in the Marketplace always being highlighted
- Fixed a visual only Marketplace bug that displayed “Sold” even if you didn’t have enough currency to purchase the item
Clubs and Social
- Club roster UI should now show up properly
- Added confirmations for promoting, demoting or kicking other Club members
- The Club button legend now shows the correct options available
- Only online members are selected when navigating the Club member roster list with the gamepad when Show Offline Members is toggled off
- Added an option to directly invite players to your current favorite Club via the chat contextual pop-out menu
- Fixed a bug causing selected Club members to highlight incorrectly
- Fix for incorrect behavior of the ignore option in the Social menu
- Fixed a bug that could cause multiple friends to be highlighted in the Social menu
- Fixed broken ignore/un-ignore functionality in Social menu
- You can now create Vault Clubs! These are small Club Worlds that are used for storage rather than building
- Craft a Vault Club Card at the Builder’s Workbench using Flux
- Vault Clubs have 15 more storage slots in both the normal and officer club chests, but do not have modifiable worlds
- The Vault worlds have a rejuvenation station, trading post, loot collector, personal chest, club chest, and officer chest
- Club Cards can no longer be traded
- Materials needed for crafting Club Cards have increased
- Fixed a bug with Ringcrafting which could cause new categories to not be unlocked even if you had the required skill level
- Fixed multiple issues with the Forge which could cause the highlighted button to not be highlighted
- Fixed various Crafting Bench Tooltips containing hotkey icons that are too large
- Fixed a bug causing the right states pane in the Forge to display incorrect colors for statistic increases/decreases
- Fixed crafting tables having oversized text in some cases
- Fixed the Dragon Crucible UI so that all items can be selected
- Increased the speed by which the quantity increases in the crafting UI
- Many of the interactions in the world that previously required you to focus the cross-hair on them now work by being within close proximity. This makes changing worlds, for example, immensely easier with a controller
- Added analog steering allowing for full range of movement rather than being locked to the cardinal and ordinal directions. This change applies to movement when: unmounted, mounted, boat, magrider, and winged
- Improved dead zone detection for analog sticks
- Improved response time to controller input
- Reduced the button hold time from 1 second to 0.25 seconds for opening the Character Sheet, Class Select UIs and the radial menu for selecting a Mount
- The tool tip for the loot collector and chaos forge are no longer in ALL CAPS!
- Removed cubits from the several UI’s where they weren’t needed to be displayed
- Fixed the filter for the Class Select UI
- Fixed a spelling mistake in the loot collector
- Fixed bug causing the chat menu to be available at various incorrect times, for example after going AFK or loading screens
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the inventory selector to display twice the first time you opened a chest
- Fixed a bug causing the experience and mastery bar to show a gap at the end, even if they were completely filled up
- Fixed a bug causing health bars to display incorrectly occasionally
- Fixed incorrect button display for Terraforming
- Fixed a bug causing you to be able to navigate inventory with the analog stick while opening chaos chests
- Fixed a bug causing the D pad icon to overlap the up and down count of items when moving a stack
- You can now use the virtual keyboard to add item quantities in various UI rather than only using the analog stick.
- Fixed a rare visual only bug that could cause store items that have their credit and cubit prices reversed
- Fixed the text “Return to Hub” being occasionally cut off when waiting for a Battle Grounds match to begin
- Fixed a bug causing the hotbar to not be populated with the proper icons if your current character was in “Build Mode” when you entered an adventure world
- Fixed a bug that could cause events to not always show up properly on the Welcome Screen
- Fixed bug causing the featured Club Worlds in the Hub to always display Shaztopia. Shaztopia is gone, but it spirit lives on
- Fixed a bug causing controls to be mapped incorrectly after repeated switching of mounts
- Fixed a bug that could cause your personal chest to automatically close without input
- Fixed a bug that could disable input when switching personal chest tabs
- Fixed a big that could prevent you from navigating to certain parts of your personal chest
- Fixed a bug that could cause the “Unlock Key” to disable further input
- Fixed a bug that could cause statistics to be incorrect when switching from a Trial Character to a normal Character
- Fixed a bug that would cause the player to become stuck in the throwing animation when selecting a throwable item
- Fixed a bug that could cause gems to be lost when unsocketing
- Fixed a bug preventing you from inviting players to a Shadow Tower
- Fixed a bug causing store items to disappear when switching tabs
- Fixed a bug that would cause you to continue moving after you respawned if you died while moving
- Fixed a bug causing the Shadow Hunters Shadow Mark to work incorrectly
- Fixed various audio issues
- The Trove Store now has consistent mapping of buttons across Tabs
- Added better messaging regarding which controller to use when swapping profiles
- Added in a slight delay when opening chests if you just received a rare item
- Added ability to scroll text chat to see previous messages
- Updated the button legend for the Barber Shop
- Updated the account linking screen, and fixed bug that could cause the selected option to show up incorrectly
- Updated the location of the Currency Counter on the Personal Chest
- Updated the “Screenshot” text in the Epic Pose menu
- Quick chat settings now saving properly
Trion Worlds says this is just the beginning of Trove, and they have many more updates coming in 2017 and beyond.
As Trion Worlds revealed earlier this month, the Trove beta on PS4 saw more than 1.5 million players.
Will you be playing Trove this week?