You Can Pre-Load LittleBigPlanet 3 Update 1.25 on PS4 Ahead of Friday’s Launch
Launching on Friday, March 17, LittleBigPlanet 3 update 1.25 is 1.32GB and can now be pre-loaded on PlayStation 4.
The LittleBigPlanet website explains:
LittleBigPlanet Game Update 1.25 has begun rolling-out for some players today; is scheduled to go live on Friday March 17th at 12:01am GMT.
What this means is that over the next three days, the update will become available to you all periodically but you won’t be able to install it until the time mentioned above. Meaning that once the install time of March 17th 12:01am GMT is here, you can all install the new update without having to wait for it to download and can begin playing together right away!
After downloading the update, there will be a message in your Notifications that says, “Installable: 3/16/2017 8:00pm” (if you downloaded the US version of the patch).
In response to a question about pre-loading the update, the LittleBigPlanet Twitter account said, “That’s a new thing! You can download the update early and install it at that time when the new update officially launches!”
Here’s a look at the patch notes for update 1.25, which is coming to both PS4 and PS3 on Friday:
New Feature – Genres
Genres arrive to LittleBigPlanet and can be located under the Community menu from your Pod Computer.
Selecting this new option will take you a familiar looking menu that has replaced all your classic community categories with a range of 23 different genres including:
- 1st and 3rd Person
- Platform Shooters
- Stylised Platformers
- Survival Challenges
- Time Trials
- Vehicle Shooters
- With the arrival of the new Genres, we have added a new range of genre-defining Labels that Creators can add to their published creations or Reviewers can select as a recommended Label to describe the level.
- These new Labels have also been added to the Filters menu that can be displayed by pressing R3 in any Community Category under either Genres or Recommended to allow you to Filter for community levels that have your chosen Label as one of its most selected Labels to describe the level.
New Feature – Online Connection Quality Display
The Host Player of an Online Multiplayer session can now view the Connection Quality of other players within the Manage Players screen of the Pause Menu or by pressing R3 during gameplay.
A player’s connection rating will be displayed as such:
- Three Green Dots = Good Connection
- Two Amber Dots = Okay Connection
- One Red Dot = Bad Connection
Improved Community Browsing
- A number of improvements have been made to the in-game Community menus to reduce the number of instances where slowdown or lag may occur when browsing Community Levels.
- You may notice that the scroll speed between categories on the main Recommended and Genre menus has been reduced slightly. This is intentional to prevent the game from trying to download too much data at once and is amongst the changes that we have implemented to help optimize the overall experience.
- The other changes are more behind-the-scenes and should be less noticeable other than these combined changes should help to reduce the number instances of slowdown and lag.
It remains to be seen if other games will support the ability to pre-load updates.
What do you think of this new feature?