ARK: Survival Evolved Update 1.14 Is Live on PS4, Adds Dinos & Improves Performance
Released last night, ARK: Survival Evolved update 1.14 (aka version 505) for PlayStation 4 improved performance, added new Dinos, and made some fixes. An Xbox One version of the update is currently in submission, and it will be a 20GB download.
Here’s a look at the patch notes for update 1.14, which is a 3.2GB download on PS4:
All PC equivalent content & functionality up through v255.5 including:
- New Dino: Electrophorus!
- New Dino: Microraptor!
- New Dino: Ammonite!
- New Dino: Thylacoleo!
- New Structure: Tek Forcefield
- New Structures: Tek Tileset & Tek Doors
- New additional headhead hairstyle and additional facial hairstyle
- 30 new Explorer Notes
- Optimised Task Graph threading & RHI systems (latest Unreal) resulting in approximate 15% performance gain (maximise GPU-usage time)
- Numerous fixes made to TEK Equipment in regular play and split-screen mode.
- Greenhouse Structures are better optimized
The Primitive+ update was expected to be included in the patch, but it was taken out because it isn’t quite finished yet:
In terms of Primitive+, we won’t be releasing the update for it this patch. I know it sucks, and you guys have been patient, but due to the necessary XDK update, we need more time to iterate on the Total Conversion itself in console form (and this also means PS4 won’t get the Prim+ update because most of the time our work is done on Xbox and then ported to PS4 for Abstraction to wrap up) especially as it’s an alternative game mode and there could be a number of issues arising from the XDK change and we don’t want to take that chance, esp seeing as we already had to extend our QA for the base game.
Future ARK: Survival Evolved updates will continue to improve performance.
ARK: Survival Evolved has already sold more than one million copies on PS4.