Battle Princess Madelyn Already Funded on Kickstarter, PS Vita Stretch Goal Added
After just three days, Battle Princess Madelyn from Causal Bit Games reached its $60,000 CAD goal on Kickstarter. Scheduled for launch in February 2018, Battle Princess Madelyn will be available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, Nintendo Switch, and Wii U. Thanks to Limited Run Games, by pledging $45 CAD you can receive a physical copy of the game for PS4.
Since hitting their target, Causal Bit Games has added some stretch goals that have already been reached, including a Boss Rush Mode and Insanity’s Blade King Mode. Battle Princess Madelyn is currently sitting at $109,000 CAD, and the PlayStation Vita stretch goal will be reached at $150,000 CAD.
Causal Bit Games Creative Director Christopher Obritsch said:
The reception for Battle Princess Madelyn has been phenomenal. Never in my wildest dreams did I think we would fund this fast and it continues to grow!! Fans have been telling us that our game is the spiritual successor to GnG that they’ve been anticipating for all these years. We’re now seeing our stretch goals being achieved faster than we can add them. The pledges and support we’re receiving will ensure our team creates and innovates the game as best it can be.
Here’s the overview for Battle Princess Madelyn:
Set in the vein of Ghouls N’ Ghosts and Wonder Boy 3: The Dragon’s Trap, the instantly classic and familiar gameplay will transport old-school gamers back to their heyday. The self-adjusting difficulty will allow for even the most novice of gamer to pick up and play!
Join Madelyn as she battles through graveyards, swamps, castles, countryside and more! Polished gameplay, breathtaking visuals, jaw-dropping dual soundtracks and epic adventures await!
- A mix of fast-paced classic arcade action, with adventure elements of classic games from the golden age of console gaming..
- Highly detailed hand drawn pixel art brought to life by the magical lighting of the Unity Engine.
- Battle Princess Madelyn can be played through quickly as an arcade game, or for the full experience plays can stop at towns to help the locals! How you play to complete the story depends on your personal choice!
- Find all of the collectibles hidden throughout the stages for extra rewards, and additional hidden stages!
- 10 levels, each of which includes up to 5 stages – including 1 or 2 branching hidden stages. Heavily detailed stages full of puzzles, dangerous platforming, and various game play styles!
- Fully re-playable stages at any point – if you’ve unlocked it, you can play it as much as you want!
- Combo meters for destroying and juggling enemies!
- 10 types of weapons which change with the 3 sets of armor found in game!
- Up to 10 unique enemies per level!
- Your ghostly dog companion, Fritzy, gains powers as you progress through the game, allowing you to unlock puzzles and otherwise inaccessible areas of stages!
- Special weapons for special occasions! If an area calls for a unique ability, search the area for the needed item!
- An original story written by a professional children’s author.
- A story that spans the globe and time! A story told by her grandfather while she is sick, Madelyn will experience life as her magical portal traveling counterpart and will save her family – no matter where they are in the world!
You can download a Pre-Alpha Build of the game on Steam, letting you play up to an hour of Battle Princess Madelyn.
If you’re worried about delays to the project, Causal Bit Games says, “If there are delays they will be to add more polish to the final version of the game so that both you as the player and we as the developers are equally happy with the end product!”