Sonic-Inspired Platformer Freedom Planet Hits PS4 Tomorrow in North America
A Sonic-inspired combat-based platform adventure game, Freedom Planet is releasing on March 21 in North America for PlayStation 4, developer GalaxyTrail has announced. Answering a question on Twitter, GalaxyTrail confirmed that the PS4 version will include Milla’s adventure mode.
Here’s the Steam description for Freedom Planet:
Freedom Planet is a combat-based platform adventure that pits a spunky dragon girl and her friends against an alien attack force. There’s trouble around every turn, from insects to giant robots to sheer explosive destruction, but you’ll have a variety of special fighting abilities to blast your way through each stage.
As Lilac, you can use Dragon powers to whip enemies with your hair, spin like a cyclone, or fly through the air at high speed like a comet.
As Carol, you can bust through foes with a flurry of punches and kicks or summon motorcycles that let you ride up walls and ceilings.
- Dash across the celestial world of Avalice with boosts, bikes and other high-speed gimmicks to achieve the fastest time
- Explore at your own pace to find hidden paths and treasures and collect as many crystals as possible
- Help Lilac and friends save their world from war in an engaging Adventure mode with fully voiced cutscenes
- Zoom through the stages without interruption or dialog with Classic mode
- Battle tons of quirky boss enemies including giant robots, towering alien creatures and aggressive rivals
- Discover five elemental shields that reflect specific attacks and provide cool benefits
- Unlock special bonuses, including mini-games, achievements, artwork and music
Exophase shows that Freedom Planet includes seven Trophies, all of which ask you to unlock badges. There’s no Platinum Trophy.
A release date for Freedom Planet in Europe is TBD.
A price for Freedom Planet on PS4 wasn’t given, but it’s $14.99 USD on PC and Wii U.