The Elder Scrolls Online Update 1.22 Now Out on PS4, Is 6.3GB
Designed to fix game crashes and quest bugs, adjust how you obtain Decorative Wax, and adjust the timeframe that the luxury furnisher Zanil Theran will be present, The Elder Scrolls Online update 1.22 is now available for PlayStation 4. According to ZeniMax, it’s a 6.3GB download.
Here’s a look at some of the patch notes for today’s update:
Base Game Patch – Fixes and Improvements
Art & Animation
- Fixed several visual issues affecting the Alliance War Horse.
- Humanoid enemies will now utilize the correct combat idle animations that reflect their weapon type.
- Silenced pet dogs who began barking a little too enthusiastically after the Homestead update.
- Nixad pets will once again make their little squawking noises.
Combat & Gameplay
- Fixed an issue where some item sets that would allow your character to resurrect upon death could make you invulnerable.
- Mages Guild – Magelight: Fixed an issue where this ability and the Inferno morphs were stacking with each other. You will now only gain 10% increased Spell Critical if both abilities are slotted on your bar.
Crafting & Economy
- Fixed an issue that prevented Sealed Provisioning Writs from being awarded as often as intended.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the following furnishing plans from being craftable once learned: High Elf Sconce, Winged; High Elf Medal, Winged; Redguard Bed, Full Lattice; Hammer, Forge
- Fixed an issue that caused Master Writ invitations involving certain item sets to change to require Deadly Strike after being put on a Guild Store.
- Master Writ invitations and Master Writ quests that previously required you to craft an item in the Deadly Strike set now require an item in the Death’s Wind set instead. This is a retroactive fix, and any affected Master Writs will still award the originally promised number of Writ Vouchers.
Exploration & Itemization
- Fixed an issue where Ra Gada motif chapters and Ancient Sandstone (the Ra Gada style item) could be found in treasure map chests across Tamriel, instead of specifically in Craglorn. These items are now limited to a variety of Craglorn sources, as originally intended.
- Plentiful Harvest no longer applies to Clean Pelts.
- Treasure chests found by following treasure maps now have a small chance to contain painting furnishings. Note: This does not apply to Collector’s Edition treasure maps, which continue to grant their previous rewards.
- Fixed an issue when utilizing the Grouping Tool where you would not receive the bonus rewards after completing a dungeon if you were not the group leader.
Made several adjustments to the places Decorative Wax can be found. These changes increase the overall availability of Decorative Wax, and make finding it a more consistent experience:
- Decorative Wax now comes from a wider variety of sources, including insects and other chitinous creatures, barrels, urns, alchemy bottles, cabinets, cupboards, and backpacks.
- Reduced the chance to obtain Decorative Wax from several sources that were dropping wax more often than intended.
- Fruits, vegetables, and meats found in the world no longer have a chance drop Decorative Wax.
- Plentiful Harvest no longer applies to furnishing materials found from the sources listed above.
- Zanil Theran, the Luxury Furnisher, will now be present during roughly the same timeframe as Adhazabi Aba-daro the Golden. The Luxury Furnisher will now arrive at midnight UTC on Saturday (Friday at 8:00pm EDT), and depart at noon UTC on Monday (Monday at 8:00am EDT).
- Fixed a crash that could occur when changing zones or using a wayshrine.
- Fixed an issue that could cause your frame rate to drop unexpectedly when placing objects in a home.
- Fixed an issue where your game could crash when using the Activity Finder.
ZeniMax adds that they’re still looking into the issue where players can become disconnected while playing through a Trial, and they’re hoping to fix it in a future patch.
From March 23 at 7am PT/10am ET until Tuesday, April 4 at 7am PT/10am ET, the Jester’s Festival event will take place. In addition to Jester’s Festival-themed items in the Crown Store, the event will allow you to receive a Jester’s Festival Box by completing a daily task for one of the Jesters. The Box may contain a reward, including a new hat, new consumables, The Pie of Misrule (gives you a two-hour buff to XP), and some housing items.
The next big content drop for The Elder Scrolls Online is Morrowind, which launches on June 6.