Final Fantasy XV Update 1.07 Adds Chapter 13, Verse 2 & Episode Gladiolus DLC Support
Ahead of the Episode Gladiolus DLC releasing tomorrow, March 28, Square Enix has brought out Final Fantasy XV update 1.07, which is 5.6GB on PlayStation 4 and 7.4GB on Xbox One.
Adding cutscenes that enhance the Chapter 13 story, two different playable Chapter 13 routes for you to choose from, more powerful ring magic, and more areas for you to explore, here’s the patch notes for today’s new update (via Gematsu), which launched in two parts:
- Various bug fixes
- Addition of Chapter 13, Verse 2 (alternate route featuring Gladiolus)
- Enhancement of Arcana spells (Alterna, Holy, Death)
- Announcement of winning snapshots from first photo contest (viewable at Takka’s Pit Stop in Hammerhead)
- Temporary conclusion of Timed Quests (will resume at a later date)
- Addition of two pieces from Episode Gladiolus downloadable content to music player tracklist
- Addition of compatibility with Episode Gladiolus downloadable content
- Various gameplay enhancements
- Various bug fixes
- Updated saves will not work on former versions of the game
The above video gives you a look at the new Chapter 13, Verse 2, some of the other content included in today’s update, and a glimpse at Episode Gladiolus.
Letting you play as Gladiolus, who has a vastly different play style than Noctis, Episode Gladiolus is included in the Final Fantasy XV Season Pass, and will be available to purchase separately for $4.99 USD. Square Enix explained what to expect from the DLC:
- A new story told from Gladiolus’ perspective uncovering the events that transpired when the character left the party in Final Fantasy XV’s main storyline
- An exhilarating combat system that capitalizes on Gladiolus’ blocking and counterattacking play style through the new Valor and Rage system
- Previously inaccessible parts of Eos that are now open for exploration
- Special items that can be carried over the main game and exclusive to those who complete Episode Gladiolus
- Two brand-new gameplay modes, Score Attack and Final Trial made available upon completing Episode Gladiolus
The next DLC episode, Episode Prompto, is scheduled for release in June 2017.