Gwent: The Witcher Card Game PS4 Beta Test Takes Place This Weekend
Original Story: Gwent: The Witcher Card Game will have a Technical Beta on PlayStation 4 this weekend, CD Projekt Red announced today. The Beta will run from Friday, March 31 at 10am PT/1pm ET until Sunday, April 2 at 11pm PT, and all you’ll need to do to participate is download the 3GB beta file from the PlayStation Store tomorrow.
“During that time players will be able to create their own decks, check out the tutorial, and participate in online casual matches,” CD Projekt Red adds.
Here’s a few important details from the Gwent Technical Beta FAQ:
- The Technical Beta is available in Europe, North America, and South America.
- The Technical Beta’s purpose is to test how the game works on PlayStation 4 with many users playing simultaneously. Technical glitches are possible, but the game is already fun!
- We’re not planning to extend the Technical Beta.
- A PlayStation Plus subscription is not required to participate in the Technical Beta.
- Real currency purchases are not available in the Technical Beta.
- After Technical Beta is concluded, Gwent Technical Beta accounts will be deleted.
- Internet connection is required to play.
- While Trophies will be available in the final game, you will not receive any for playing the Technical Beta build.
In CD Projekt Red’s financial report today, they revealed that The Witcher 3 (game and expansions) has topped $1 billion PLN ($254 million USD) in revenue in 1.5 years. Additionally, sales of all The Witcher games have crossed 25 million.
Gwent: The Witcher Card Game will have another round of beta tests this spring (platforms TBA), ahead of the full release in the second half of this year.
Will you be playing Gwent this weekend?