The King of Fighters XIV Update 2.00 Detailed, DLC Characters Now Live
Weighing in at a reported 2GB, today’s The King of Fighters XIV update 2.00 improves netcode, adds support for the new DLC characters, adds two free stages (Transcontinental Railroad and City Circuit), updates the SNK logo, fixes bugs, and balances characters.
You can see the 24 pages of patch notes over here, with some highlights below:
- Updated the SNK logo when launching the game
- Improved training mode functionality: Added multiple recording slots, random play, and REVERSAL recording & play.
- Improved training mode functionality: Added “limitless” setting for “1P Max Mode Gauge” and “2P Max Mode Gauge”.
- During the 4th and 8th stages of the Story Mode, the opposing team will consist of at least one DLC character and one of the newly released stages will be selected.
- When an opponent is KO’d, the game will stop for a brief instant to highlight the KO.
- Video sharing and screenshot functions can now be used in all modes.
- Other minor bug fixes.
- Improved room searching functionality for Free Match.
- 6 player colors are now available in Party Battle.
- Adjusted the attribution of points for “Rank33”.
- The process by which the system judges disconnection penalties has been adjusted to be stricter.
- Added a page-turning function for the selection of titles in MY PROFILE.
- Netcode improvements.
The four DLC characters – Rock Howard, Vanessa, Ryuki Yamazaki, and Whip – are now live in North America (European release should be coming soon), priced at $5.99 USD each. There’s a special bundle of all four characters for $19.99 USD, and PlayStation Plus members can grab it for $17.99 USD until April 12.
If you’re looking to buy The King of Fighters XIV, it’s on sale for £18.99 in Europe right now, and PlayStation Plus members can save an additional 10%.