Marvel Heroes Omega Comes to PS4 & Xbox One This Spring
Already available for PC, free-to-play online action-RPG Marvel Heroes Omega is coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in spring 2017, developer Gazillion announced today. A paid access closed beta will begin soon on PS4.
At launch, Marvel Heroes Omega will have 38 heroes (including Captain America, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Wolverine, and Deadpool) and hundreds of costumes to collect, but there will be less content than what Marvel Heroes on PC has now to “ensure the best possible experience on console at launch.”
Here’s the modes you’ll find at launch:
- Chapters 1-9 – Take the fight to Doctor Doom and the trickster god Loki in our fantastic nine-chapter story campaign.
- Operations – In just a matter of minutes you and a group of friends can defeat super villains and foil their schemes.
- Midtown Patrol – Defend Midtown Manhattan from the unrelenting onslaught of villains and their minions.
- Danger Room – Enter the famous X-Men training simulator, featuring randomized missions, bosses, and hazards.
- Legendary Missions – Once you’ve completed the story you have access to missions to acquire Legendary Marks of Odin which allows you to purchase Legendary Items.
- Heroic, Superheroic and Cosmic trials – To get the best loot, you have to play on the harder difficulties. These trials make sure that you are truly ready to tackle those challenges.
The first update on PS4 will “focus on resolving any major bugs and taking in feedback,” and the first major patch they have planned will “focus on the social aspect of our game.”
Answering some questions in a Q&A, Gazillion said that Marvel Heroes Omega won’t feature cross-play, they don’t have any plans to allow PC progress to transfer to PS4 or Xbox One, and there will be a paid early access period on PS4 towards the end of the closed beta.