Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment DLC Arrives on April 25 for PS4, PS3 & PS Vita
Yacht Club Games has announced that Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment is releasing on April 25 in North America for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PlayStation Vita. The European release is “April TBD.”
If you already own Shovel Knight or Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove, Specter of Torment will be available as a free download. If you don’t own Shovel Knight, PS4 owners will be able to buy Specter of Torment as a standalone game for $9.99 USD.
Here’s what to expect from Specter of Torment:
Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment is the action-packed prequel to Shovel Knight! With his scythe and preternatural agility at the ready, he can glide across the ground, clamber up walls, and command an arsenal of curious weapons.
If he carries out his duties to the Enchantress, Specter Knight may have a chance at regaining his lost humanity and breaking his chains of servitude. But what cruel tricks might the Enchantress have up her sleeve?
- Climb walls, leap over gaps, and dispatch enemies with the Dash Slash. Specter Knight’s playstyle brings motion and action to the forefront!
- Collect and upgrade Curios to unleash all new special attacks.
- Test your scythe skills with Feats and Challenge Stages featuring Boss rematches, platforming challenges, and more!
- Yacht Club Game’s beautifully authentic style bridges the gap between yesterday and today. Design, art, and audio hearken back to the days of 8-bit.
- Awesome 40 song soundtrack by Jake “Virt” Kaufman!
- Balanced gameplay is a warm welcome to newcomers, and an old embrace for experts.
- A somber tale told with a light touch to narrative with humor, levity, and heart.
- Crazy bosses and lovable characters.
- Take on a new challenge and uncover all of the world’s secrets with New Game+!
Later this year, Yacht Club Games will release the King Knight’s Campaign and Battle Mode DLC for Shovel Knight. Official names and dates are TBD.