UK Sales Chart: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Debuts in 1st, Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 Opens in 2nd

May 1, 2017Written by Jason Dunning

sniper_ghost_warrior_3_5

Nintendo’s first #1 since 2011 (Pokemon White), Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for Switch opened in 1st place last week in the UK, and it saw a bigger launch week than both Mario Kart 8 and Mario Kart 7.

There were several other new releases last week to hit the top 40, including Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 in 2nd, Little Nightmares in 4th, Outlast Trinity in 14th, and Puyo Puyo Tetris in 18th. Puyo Puyo Tetris sold roughly 74% of copies on Switch, with the other 26% on PlayStation 4 (it’s a retail only title on PS4).

As for last week’s #1, Ghost Recon Wildlands, it dropped down to 7th.

Here’s the top 10 best-selling games through retail stores in the UK for the week ending April 29, 2017, according to GfK Chart-Track (via Games Industry):

  1. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  2. Sniper Ghost Warrior 3
  3. Grand Theft Auto V
  4. Little Nightmares
  5. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (up 68%)
  6. LEGO Worlds
  7. Ghost Recon Wildlands
  8. Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
  9. FIFA 17
  10. Horizon Zero Dawn

Do you think Prey will debut in 1st this week?

[Source: Games Industry, Christopher Dring (1), (2)]