Sudden Strike 4 Releases on August 15 for PS4
Real-time strategy game Sudden Strike 4 is releasing on August 11 in Europe and August 15 in North America for PlayStation 4, Kalypso Media announced today. The PS4 version will be available physically and digitally, while the PC version will be available digitally when it launches worldwide on August 11.
As Kalypso explains, Sudden Strike 4 is “a fully-fledged series entry and not a remake or reboot.” Along with 20 single-player scenarios, the challenge-focused skirmish mode, and the competitive multiplayer mode, Sudden Strike 4 allows you to lead over 100 different units into battle and choose from one of nine individual commanders, each of whom boast unique abilities.
You can see Part 1, 2, and 3 of the General’s Handbook video series below:
And here’s the description for Sudden Strike 4:
Developed as a fully-fledged series entry and not a remake or reboot, Sudden Strike 4 sends you off on three extensive campaigns set amongst the battlefields of World War II. Commanding the British and American, German or Soviet troops, you will lead over 100 different units into battle, including the German bomber Heinkel He111, the Russian T-34 tank, the British Hawker Typhoon fighter plane and the notorious German Panzerkampfwagen VI Tiger. In a first for the Sudden Strike series, you can now choose from one of nine individual commanders, such as George Patton or Bernard Montgomery, who will each allow for different approaches to combat and boast unique abilities.
Prove your tactical expertise in over 20 demanding single player scenarios, the challenge-focused skirmish mode, and the competitive multiplayer mode. A new reward system rewards clever and tactical play, awarding the player with skill points and bonus content, such as historical film footage of the era.
Sudden Strike 4 offers countless ways to vanquish your opponents. Exploit the weak spots of tanks, set up an ambush, occupy buildings with infantry, outmaneuver the enemy with clever positioning or unleash devastating air strikes – how you approach each mission is up to you!
- Sudden Strike 4 offers realistic real-time strategy gameplay with tactical depth and a historical setting
- Three campaigns with over 20 missions to test your tactical skills and determining the outcome of significant WWII battles
- As one of nine commanders, lead your army on the battlegrounds of the biggest military conflict in history
- Command more than 100 authentic units – including the Königstiger tank, the Katyusha rocket launcher and the Hawker Typhoon fighter plane
- ‘Pause and play’ system allows you to suspend the action while issuing detailed commands and manoeuvres to your units
- Pit yourself against other commanders in the competitive multiplayer mode
According to retailers, Sudden Strike 4 costs $59.99 USD on PS4.