GameStop Expo 2017 to Be Held on August 27 in Las Vegas
GameStop has announced that this year’s GameStop Expo 2017 will be held at the Sands Expo and Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nevada, on August 27, 2017.
According to the announcement, the event will be held on a Sunday, a first in its history, to give more fans an opportunity to attend the company’s annual gaming event.
GameStop Senior Vice President of Merchandising Bob Puzon had this to say about the change:
Every year our customers ask us to make the GameStop Expo bigger and better. We have delivered on their request by bringing our Expo back to the entertainment capital of the world, opening our doors for the first time on Sunday, playing host to one of the biggest non-pro gaming tournaments in the industry, and allowing fans the opportunity to purchase some of their favorite novelty items on the show floor.
Apart from the many booths featuring demos from both video game and hardware developers, attendees will also be able to purchase accessories, collectibles, and more from the participating venders.
The GameStop Expo 2017 will also play host to the finals of the ESL Injustice 2 GameStop Hometown Heroes tournament.
Tickets for GameStop Expo 2017 go on sale on June 1. Tickets can be purchased using PowerUp Rewards points, by credit card online, or at GameStop stores. There will be several options for those who want to attend, the details of which can be found below:
- General admission passes for $40
- A limited number of VIP* passes for $110, which includes:
- Early access to the show floor
- Admission into the Injustice 2 tournament
- VIP lounge access to recharge your body and devices
- Exclusive swag bag of gaming goodies
- Afternoon passes for $20, available only on-site starting at 3:00 p.m.
- Admission into the Injustice 2 tournament is $10 – all admission fees will be donated to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital’s annual PLAY LIVE fund raising event
As previously mentioned, GameStop Expo 2017 will be held on August 27, 2017, at the Sands Expo and Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nevada.