Nioh Update 1.09 Fixes Bugs, Lets You Skip the Prestige Animation
Brought out yesterday, Nioh update 1.09 on PlayStation 4 is a 51MB download that implements countermeasures for unfair/questionable actions during PvP and clan battles, adds the ability to skip the animation when obtaining prestige, and fixes a number of bugs from the main game and PvP.
Here’s the full list of patch notes, as transcribed on Reddit:
Adjustments and Improvements
- Implemented countermeasures for unfair/questionable actions during PvP and clan battles.
- Lowered the probability of getting the special effect “Damage Toward [Enemy Type]”
- Added the ability to skip the animation when obtaining prestige.
- Changed the “Naked Brawler” combat title so it can now be obtained when wearing accessories.
- Added additional details on how to acquire certain combat titles.
- Adjusted the positions for the kappa in the mission “The One-Eyed Dragon’s Castle”
- Fixed a bug where skills would occasionally not be properly set after changing equipment sets.
- Fixed a bug where saving and reloading during the mission “Yokai Country” would sometimes disable the boss door from opening.
- Fixed an application error that would sometimes occur in the mission “The Samurai From Sawayama” when the boss fight began during an online multiplayer session.
- Fixed a bug where visitors would be teleported to an unintended location when the host would pray at the shrine in the cave in the mission “The Demon’s Daughter”
- Fixed a rare application error that occurred when praying at a shrine in the mission “Yokai Country”
- Fixed a bug where the difficulty would not be reflected properly when searching for a Companion for the Yokai Realm.
- Fixed a bug where you could select missions in “Yokai Realm with a Companion” that were otherwise unavailable to you.
- Fixed a bug in version 1.06 missions that prevented you from getting “XX Crusher” titles after dying until you left the mission.
- Fixed a bug where the amount of gold received as a reward was lower than expected for some missions in “Way of the Demon”
- Fixed a bug where an exclamation mark would display over the number of consumable items if you returned to the starting point after a PvP battle.
- Fixed a bug where the number of skill items you had after a PvP battle would be the same when you went to the area screen.
- Reduced the likelihood of suddenly teleporting during a PvP battle, regardless of network environment.
- Fixed a bug that allowed you to use certain means to carry more items than allowed in PvP battles.
- Fixed a bug in PvP battles where your health gauge would display again after your health reached 0.
- Fixed a bug where the “Burn” and “Paralysis” effects would not disappear during online multiplayer.
- Fixed a bug that would occasionally reduce the amount of Amrita received when the special effect “Amrita Gauge Bonus in Battles (Vs. High-Rank Opponent)” was active.
- Fixed a bug where Date Masamune would occasionally behave unnaturally when guarding an attack.
- Fixed a bug during the Katakkura Shigenaga fight where the surrounding cover fire would sometimes not trigger.
- Fixed a bug where the player would sometimes take damage if in physical contact with the Ogress right when she is defeated.
- Fixed a bug when fighting Shima Sakon where he would sometimes become still for several seconds.
- Fixed a bug where Hozoin Inei would not become paralyzed.
Nioh’s Dragon of the North DLC is now live, and you can expect two more expansions in the coming months: Defiant Honor (“fight in the bloody Winter Campaign of the Siege of Osaka”) and Bloodshed’s End (“bring the Siege of Osaka to an end during the Summer Campaign”).