The Division Update 1.6.1 Includes Loadouts, Quality Improvements
A Quality Update, The Division update 1.6.1 is live on all platforms, with players saying it’s just under 4GB on PlayStation 4.
In addition to fixing issues and making some tweaks, the patch adds a new feature, Loadouts. These let you save your equipped Weapons, Gear, Skills, and Talents to Loadout slots, then quick swap builds for different activities. Each Loadout can be equipped when out of combat, and you’re allowed to create and save up to six Loadouts per character.
Here’s the highlights from today’s new The Division update:
New Feature: Loadouts
- Loadouts offer players the chance to save their equipped Weapons, Gear, Skills and Talents to Loadout slots, allowing for quick swapping of builds to be used for different activities.
- Players will be able to create and save up to 6 Loadouts per character.
- Each Loadout can be directly equipped when out of combat.
- Aim assist will no longer be activated when players hip-fire with a controller.
- Fixed several bugs that could prevent players from being revived by skills or player interaction if they were previously being revived by a support station and this revive was canceled for various reasons.
- Fixed instances of HVT bosses remaining stuck in their spawn room preventing completion of the contract.
- Fixed instances where players would be stuck “in combat” with NPCs outside of the mission area after completing a mission.
- Fixed a bug where Resistance to Status Effects would still be counted as a chance to resist the effect altogether, on top of reducing its duration. The resistance value will now correctly only reduce the duration of a Status Effect.
- Fixed a bug where a few fire extinguishers would deal high amount of damage to NPCs in some missions. For consistency, fire extinguishers in the entire game will no longer deal any damage and only apply the disorient effect to NPCs.
- Fixed a bug where grenades thrown by LMB grenadiers would sometimes apply stagger and damage before they actually detonated.
- Backpack capacity will no longer be randomly generated for all High-End, Exotic and Gear Sets backpacks. Instead, they will all have a capacity of 110 (120 with all Base of Operations perks unlocked). This change is retroactive.
- Level 34 extended magazines will now roll between 109% and 121% extra magazine size (instead of 109 to 111%). This change is not retroactive.
- Existing old level 33 extended magazines that had a magazine size bonus above 108% will be reduced to 108%.
- Nimble will now apply healing over time in 4 ticks over 4 seconds.
- NinjaBike Backpack has been removed from all loot tables until it can be correctly revamped. That means that it will no longer drop from NPCs or in Exotic Caches.
- Fixed a bug where some items could not be recalibrated to the maximum stat range that was displayed at the recalibration station. (reported by Bratwurst.Bob)
- Fixed a bug with Path of the Nomad where the four-piece talent cooldown progress would reset upon death in Last Stand. (reported by Koto2016)
- Fixed a bug with Tactician’s Authority where the 4 piece bonus wouldn’t reset correctly when starting a back-to-back Last Stand game session.
- Burst fire weapons will now have a maximum RPM, making it impossible to reach non-burst rate of fire with specific control modifications. This includes Burst Fire MP5, FAL and 93R.
- Base Flinch has been significantly reduced on all weapons. This change affects both PvP and PvE (NPCs weapons will cause less Flinch).
- Fixed a bug in Grand Central where the turrets would remain active after completing the mission. (reported by Pardone39)
- Fixed a bug in Time Square Power Relay where the boss could run outside of the mission area. (reported by Bratwurst.Bob)
- Fixed a bug in Napalm Production Site Legendary mode where the mission could stop working if players stayed idle for too long.
- Fixed a bug in Hudson Refugee Camp where doors could remain closed when a turret was used in proximity.
- Fixed a bug in Napalm Production Site where players would be unable to complete the mission if they fast travel during the “Escape the building” step.
- Improvements to Team Management menu: Players can now consistently view members of the Allied group and use the mute/inspect functionality as they would with members of their own group.
- Signature Skills Passive resource gain from killing NPCs and players will no longer apply in Last Stand as it was working very inconsistently. Resource gain from other sources like Talents will still work.
- Improvements were made to the Spawn logic to limit the possibility of Spawn camping.
- Improvements were made to some Fortification areas to improve fortification turrets line of sights.
- Fixed a bug where players could be stuck in loading when starting back to back Last Stand game sessions.
- Fixed a bug in Last Stand where players could capture a neutral or enemy point while in dead state.
Added Proficiency Marks to Last Stand: Proficiency Marks are awarded to the player who scores the highest in a particular gameplay role:
- Each team gets their own list of Proficiency Marks.
- Multiple Proficiency Marks can be given to the same player.
- Proficiency Marks are updated in real time throughout the match on the scoreboard.
- Earning one or more Proficiency Mark will boost the player’s personal score at the end of the Last Stand game.
- Fixed several instances of graphical corruption in various locations of the game.
- Fixed several instances of incorrect lightings.
- Fixed several instances of disappearing props in the world
- Fixed several instances of incorrectly placed props.
- Fixed several instances of missing textures.
- Fixed several instances where players could end up outside of playable area.
- Improvements were made to collisions and cover in several areas of the map (Open World and Dark Zone).
- Improvements were made to several locations where players could end up stuck.
- Added rewards for clearing a Landmark in the Dark Zone. Players will now receive Dark Zone experience, currency as well as one non-contaminated item directly to their inventory.
- Significant Level Design changes and improvements were made to several locations in the Dark Zone to limit unfair encounters.
- Fixed an issue where some Landmarks would not show as cleared after all NPCs had been killed. (reported by illneptune)
- Fixed several instances of Landmarks not spawning second wave of enemies after the first wave was cleared.
- Fixed a bug where clearing a Landmark or a Dark Zone Supply Drop in a DZ bracket below level 30 would show 0 Phoenix Credits awarded. The reward screen will no longer list Phoenix Credits as reward in a DZ bracket below level 30.
- Fixed a bug where the named NPC was missing at the Arch Plaza Landmark in DZ04.
- Fixed a bug where the Dark Zone North mission could break if multiple group members would interact at the same time with desk in the DZ09 safehouse.
- Fixed a bug where players would be unable to fast travel to Dark Zone checkpoints if they were unlocked from within the Dark Zone.
- Fixed a bug in DZ09 Landmark Greenhouse where enemies would not spawn if players were standing too close to the spawn location.
- Inventory tab bar will no longer appear when inspecting an item.
- Removed the UI sound playing when the HUD would autohide, as it would repeat too often and become annoying.
- Added a new setting to allow players to adjust their aim sensitivity while looking through a scope.
- Fixed a bug where resisting a Bleed effect may not be correctly indicated to other players.
- Fixed a bug where items available in the Reward Claim Vendor would display at “0” quantity.
- Fixed a bug where the UI would disappear during a Last Stand match.
- Fixed a bug where players could be disconnected from the game after buying Premium Credits.
- Fixed a bug on Xbox One where the game could crash when finishing a streaming installation.
- Fixed several instances of appearance items causing graphic glitches and clipping.
You can see the full list of patch notes over here.
Ubisoft announced in March that The Division will be receiving two free expansions later this year. The first expansion’s release date is TBA, but it “will be based on an event system that drives players to activities that feature modifiers, leaderboards, and unique vanity items that will only be available through these activities.”