War Thunder Update 1.69 Adds 4K PS4 Pro Support, Unlocks Italy
Known as Regia Aeronautica, War Thunder update 1.69 is now available to download, and it unlocks Italy as the sixth nation, adds new aircraft and tanks, and includes full 4K PlayStation 4 Pro support.
Here’s an overview for update 1.69, which packs in 38 new aircraft (35 from Italy), nine new tanks, and more:
- The new Italian aircraft tree stretches from Italy’s famous biplanes of the 1930’s to its powerful jet fighters of the 1960s. Among the latter is the Fiat G.91, a light, fast and agile fighter-bomber. Italian bombers include highlights such as the heavy four-engined Piaggio P.108B, which can carry a staggering 3.5 tons of bombs or three torpedoes. Its sister model, the ship hunter P.108A, comes equipped with a massive 102mm anti-ship cannon with 50 rounds of ammunition, which is now the largest aviation weapon in the game by far. All players will get gradual access to the new nation’s aircraft, with new models being unlocked for research every few days.
More Ground Vehicles
- The United States gets access to a new top-rank vehicle, the M60A2 “Starship”, which can fire both conventional shells and guided-missiles from its 152mm cannon. For the Soviet Union, the T-55A is introduced as a worthy successor to the T-54, sporting excellent close combat and flanking capabilities. The Japanese tree sees improved version of the Chi-To Late version. Fans of the British vehicles will be able to obtain Churchill Mk.I, the older brother of the Churchill Infantry tanks that are already presented in the game and rank 5 reinforcement – the mighty Vickers Mk. 1.
Smoke Grenades and Smokescreen Launchers
- A completely new feature in War Thunder are smoke grenades and smokescreen launchers. The first will allow tankers to deploy protective smoke over large distances, while the latter are an effective method to hide from enemy fire while repairing on the battlefield or defending a capture point.
- The ground battles location ‘Kuban’ has been greatly revamped, which will make tank combat on the new location much more tactical and varied. For pilots, the hot sands of ‘Tunisia’ await. Knights of the Sea pre-beta testers will be able to try the Black Sea Port!
PlayStation 4 Pro Support
- Now, War Thunder fully supports the improved performance of the PlayStation 4 Pro console, allowing owners to play War Thunder in 4K resolution.
You can see the full changelog for War Thunder update 1.69 over here.
If you haven’t grabbed it yet, War Thunder is available as a free download from the PlayStation Store.