Defenders of Ekron Release Date Announced for PS4, Coming Out on July 11
After almost two years, indie game studio In Vitro Games has officially announced that its latest top-down adventure shoot ‘em up Defenders of Ekron will finally be release on the PlayStation 4 through the PlayStation Network on July 11, 2017. The game was originally announced back in July 2015.
Here’s a description of the game as well as a list of its key features, from In Vitro Games:
In Defenders of Ekron players will assume the role of Eneas, a bold cadet who is on the verge of becoming an Anakim pilot, a powerful cutting-edge mech enhanced with a special ability known as Isvará. During his final exam, something goes wrong and Eneas is unable to develop his Isvará, and as a result he is forced to join an experimental program to combat The Renegades, a rogue group of Anakim pilots who are hell bent on destroying the planet. At the same time, Eneas will find himself pulling back the tattered black veil of secrets surrounding the Technocratic Republic of Ekron.
Defenders of Ekron Key Features:
- 10 levels to shoot up and explore in full 360° freedom
- A highly-immersive story – dig deeper to uncover the truth behind the Technocratic Republic of Ekron
- Use the Anakim mech to analyze and navigate diverse environments to reveal hidden threats, enemies, allies, and unlock key information
- Mix combat skills to compliment any playstyle: melee-based sword fighting, pyromancy, electromagnetism, dashing, and more
- Adrenaline-fueled soundtrack performed and recorded by in-house hard rock band, Action Replay
Defenders of Ekron will be coming to the PS4 as a digital-only title through PSN for $14.99. Check out the gameplay trailer for the game above.