The Elder Scrolls Online Update 1.25 Is 42GB on PS4, Adds Morrowind & Much More
Weighing in at 42.3GB on PlayStation 4, The Elder Scrolls Online update 1.25 went live recently, adding support for the newly released Morrowind expansion, which features the Warden class, the Battlegrounds PvP mode, new Public Dungeons, Vvardenfell, and more.
You can see the massive list of patch notes for the DLC and base game over here, with details on some of the new Morrowind content below:
- A Massive New Zone – Vvardenfell: The largest zone added to The Elder Scrolls Online since launch is also a nostalgic trip through one of the Elder Scrolls’ most beloved lands. Utilizing the same geographic footprint as The Elder Scrolls III, including all key points of interest from the classic game, Vvardenfell is painstakingly reimagined 700 years before the events of TES III, from the docks of Seyda Neen, to the volcanic Ashlands, to dense, mushroom-filled forests, and through the glory of Vivec City, still under construction in this time period.
- New Class – The Warden: Players will harness nature-based magic to master the powerful new character class – The Warden. The Warden is the first new class since launch of ESO, and true to ESO and the Elder Scrolls franchise, the player will have the freedom to select from a number of abilities that enable a variety of play styles. The Warden also introduces a devastating new combat ally – the War Bear – a ferocious fighter will stay by the Warden’s side through the most intense battles.
- New PvP Mode – Battlegrounds: The Elder Scrolls Online is renowned for open world PvP battles, pitting hundreds of players in a massive battle for supremacy in Cyrodiil. The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind will introduce a new PvP mode – Battlegrounds – intense 4v4v4 battles in arena-like environments. Players take the battle to the Ashlands to claim their place among the fiercest and most accomplished combat veterans in Tamriel.
If you’re using an existing character in Morrowind, here’s the ways you can travel to Vvardenfell:
- Open your Collections, select Stories and then Morrowind under the Chapters tab. From there, you can accept the starting quest.
- To get to Vvardenfell, seek out the navigator, Captain Jenassa, located near the docks in the major cities throughout Tamriel. Talk to her and she will offer to transport you to Vivec City or Seyda Neen.
- You can also take a boat located in Mournhold, Wayrest, or Woodhearth.
If you’re creating a new character, select Play Tutorial and you will start a new tutorial designed specifically for Morrowind players. Or, you can skip the tutorial and your character will automatically start on the dock at Seyda Neen in Vvardenfell.
Game Director Matt Firor added that the next few months will see “new content, quality of life and balance updates, and DLC game packs.” Firor also teased an E3 appearance, adding, “The world of Tamriel is only going to get bigger.”
Will you be playing Morrowind today?